☁Angel | Feel You

Requested by mustacheuulove

Angel Devil x Female Reader
I couldn't make a lemon because Reader would die from the contact with Angel 😭

Angel hummed as he strutted around town with his hands in his pockets with no care in the world. He watched people move away from him, aware that he will consume their lifespan if he touched them.
"Hey, Angel!"
His footsteps came to a halt after hearing your voice. "What're you doing out here? If you're patrolling, then I want to join." You ran to his side as he proceeded to walk leisurely.
"No. Aki told me to do paperwork so I told him no and left," he replied as he eyed your arm warily, which was inches away from touching his.

"Oh? You're not afraid of being around me?"
You shook your head, "Of course not! I'm your partner — besides Aki — so I'm not going to avoid you. Plus, I'm being cautious." You laughed when he took a step to the side to gather some distance to ensure your safety.
"So, then...what should we do now that we're free from work?" You asked.

Angel thought for a moment before suggesting his ideas. "Walk to the park, eat, go to a cafe, or chill at Aki's place while he searches for me."
"That does sound like a good ide—

"There you are! I have been looking for you everywhere!"

Both of you turned around to see Aki marching up to Angel. "Ah...we didn't even get to the cafe yet...well, I guess we'll have to hurry!" You grab Angel's hand and start running. He struggled to free himself from your tight grip on his arm. "Y/N, let go of me! I'll consume your life — what...?" He stared down at your hand as he ran with you, ignoring Aki's angry shouts for you to stop. It wasn't until when you turned the corner and he caught a glimpse of the inside of your sleeve.
After a few quick turns and Aki showed no signs of tiring out and losing speed, Angel's wings spread and lifted both of you into the air — with him gripping your arm as you dangled below him. He soared far enough where Aki could no longer see them and lowered down to a roof.

Gently lowering you until your feet touched the ground, he landed beside you while folding his wings behind his back.
"What happened?" He pointed to your arm. You were surprised that he looked genuinely concerned. You slide off your gloves and roll up your sleeves and tap your arm, the sound of metal against metal sounding awfully high.

"Prosthetics," he murmured.

"Yup. I sacrificed them for a contract. I didn't know if touching you with them would consume my lifespan, but I tried anyway. Did anything happen?"

"No. You're safe." He sighed and ran his fingers through his messy hair. To think that it's possible for a human to touch him without having their life consumed is alarming for him. But at the same time, he's glad that you're safe as long as it's only your arms.
You're more relaxed and chill than Aki, so between you and him? You're the best. You don't drag him back to work or tell him what to do. Instead, you're open to his ideas and you even tag along with him while never talking about work. He likes that a lot about you.
...What?

He watched you peer over the edge and whistle. "Wow, it's high up here." You turn to look at him. "What's up? You've been staring at me quietly for a while."
He was motionless for a while but you were patient. You can see him thinking deeply, his gaze boring into you, and then looking to the side with his brows knitted together.
"I'm just happy," he finally said, "that someone I care about can be close to me and not fear me." He walked over to you and took your hand, holding it up. "Even though I can feel your hand, I wish you can feel me too."

"Oh? Are you saying you like me? I never expected you to like anyone." You quirk a brow as you looked down at your hand in his. He yanked his hand away. "Ruined the moment. Thanks a lot."

"I'm kidding. You need a better way to confess," you laugh.
"Still, there's no way to show affection because of my ability."

You step forward and cup your hand against his lips before leaning in to press a kiss against your metal hand. When you pulled away, his cheeks were dusted a light tint of pink. "That's fine. Now, let's go to a cafe."
He didn't recover yet when you grabbed his hand and began walking to the roof exit.

When he did, he smiled and looked down at your hands.

"Yeah, okay."

I rushed the end because I'm close to passing out ✋