🇿🇦HAPPY HERITAGE MONTH🇿🇦

Heritage Month is celebrated annually in September. It is celebrated to mark our nation's diverse culture and heritage.

The celebration of Heritage Month has created a conducive environment for all people to embrace and celebrate what was inherited or bequeathed to us by our forebears.

Questions of heritage and identity are not as straightforward as they might first appear. Perhaps the first and best place to begin addressing these topics is by acknowledging that in a country like South Africa, there is not one heritage, or an easily delineated set of distinct identities. The cultures, languages and heritages of South Africa are multiple, diverse, and dynamic.

Traditionally the word culture has been used to refer to the ways of life of a specific group of people, including various ways of behaving, belief systems, values, customs, dress, personal decoration, social relationships, religion, symbols and codes.

South Africa has been famously referred to as the rainbow nation because it is made up of so many diverse cultures and religions. Contained within South Africa's borders are Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Tswana, Sotho, Venda, Swati, Ndebele, Khoisan, Hindu, Muslim, English and Afrikaner people to name but a few. All of these people are united by calling South Africa home, and therefore their lives all contribute to forming a part of the country's heritage, identity and culture.

HAPPY HERITAGE MONTH SOUTH AFRICA 🥳🥳🥳