Love is a Weird Phenomenon

Aaron blushes.

Aaron: You..uh don't have to if you..don't want to. Aaron says nervously.

Roni breathes and then kisses Aaron. Aaron kisses her back gently. They kiss slowly parting their lips only for less than a second before their lips are touching again.

Alex whispers to Nessa.

Alex: How long do you think they'll be making out for?

Nessa: They'll have to breath at some point, right? She whispers back.

Aaron and Roni slowly pull away from each other and see Alex and Nessa staring at them waiting for answers.

Roni clears her throat.

Roni: Uh you're a good kisser..I mean! Uh..

Roni is red from embarrassment and Aaron is blushing hard.

Roni: So..uh what do we do now?

Alex: I don't know.

Nessa: We could play a video game?

Roni yawns

Roni: Yeah..that..that sounds great..we should..totally do that.

Aaron smiles.

Aaron: You know what? Alex why don't you and Nessa go upstairs and play.

Alex looks over at Roni who's laying on Aaron's lap while she's half asleep.

Alex: Ohhh. Got ya bro.

Alex and Nessa walk upstairs to play video games.

Roni: You could've played. You didn't have to stay down here with me. Roni says quietly.

Aaron: You're right. I didn't have too. I wanted too.

Roni smiles.

Aaron: Oh and Roni?

Roni: Hm?

Aaron leans closer to her face and whispers softly.

Aaron: I know you watched the rest of the video.

Roni jerks up.

Roni: What?! How did you know?!

Aaron: Well 1. You just admitted to it. 2. You rewinded it to a different part of the video.

Roni: Oh...so do you mean it?

Aaron moves closer to her. She looks up at him. His hand gently brushes her face as he moves the hair out of her face. He softly tells her:

I don't say I'm in love with someone if I'm not in love with them.

Nessa: Do you know what's happening downstairs?

Alex: Not really. I think he might be confessing his love for her.

Nessa: Aw. I can't wait to see her happy.

Alex: You're not upset that Aaron liked you a lot and we made a big deal about choosing and then this happens?!

Nessa: Oh Alex. Aaron never actually liked me.

Alex: What?! Alex says losing focus on the game.

Nessa: Yes! I win.

Alex: You tricked me.

Alex tackles Nessa onto his bed. And starts tickling her.

Nessa: Nooo not again.

Alex stops and stares into her eyes. Nessa does the same before talking again.

Nessa: Uhhh could you get up. This is an odd position we happen to be in.

Alex turns red.

Alex: Oh! Uh sorry. Heh. Anyways what were you saying about Aaron.

Nessa: He never actually liked me. He's always been in love with Roni.

Alex: No..he uh he told me.

Nessa: Alex, I'm Roni's twin sister. Although we are different, I'm still her twin. Aaron only "liked" me because he was trying to get over Roni. When in reality he was using her twin as a way to shelter his feelings.

Alex: Yeah..I'm completely lost.

Nessa: Aaron never liked me. I always knew he didn't.

Alex: Love is weird.

Nessa: Yeah, it makes people become crazy.

Alex: Huh.

Nessa: What?

Alex: Nothing...let's get back to the game...

Aaron: Roni?

Roni: Yeah?

Aaron: This is going to be a really cheesy long speech but-

Roni giggles.

Roni: You have a speech?

Aaron: Fine. You don't get to hear it now.

Roni: Nooooo. Come on tell me. I promise not to make fun of you.

Aaron: Roni, I've told other people I'm in love with you but I haven't told you. I haven't told you how I love when you laugh, when you smile, when you talk. I love that you're willing to give up on something for the sake of your sister. I love that you're there for her even when you're mad, jealous, or sad. I love that you are brave enough to say your feelings out loud even when there's a chance of rejection. I love that you're smart, and strong, and beautiful. Veronica Merrell, I'm in love with you and I always have been.

Roni tears up a little not expecting this but she's still smiling.

Roni: You are already aware but I'm in love with you as well, Aaron Burriss.

Nessa: Finally! I've been waiting for you two to get together for like forever!

Roni: Wait, what?

Aaron: You knew I was in love with her, this whole time?!

Nessa: Yeah. I knew. You three are just blind. You know like the three blind mice. Hey! You all should be that for Halloween.

Roni: Wait, stop. You always knew Aaron didn't like you like that?

Nessa nods her head.

Aaron: If you knew right away before Collins liked you...and you knew all you had to choose between was Alex so...

Alex: Why aren't we dating right now?