Chapter 1

*Tori's POV*

"Tori wake up" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. My eyes flutter open and look around my newly moved in room. Some boxes still weren't unpacked yet and were just messily sitting around. I reach my arm over to my bed side table before answering my mom so I can check my phone. 5:45 am. Gross. I hate mornings. A couple of moments later my mom comes knocking on my door. "Tori?"

"Come in.." I grumble in an annoyed tone.

"You have to get ready for school love, it's your first day, you dont want to be late." she goes in her usual sweet, mom-like tone.

"Ugh do I have to go? Can't you just home school me or something?" See, our family moves around a lot because of my Dad's job. And to be honest moving from school to school all the time really sucks. I can't ever get close to anyone because almost every 6 months I'm in a new school, surrounded by new things and new unfamiliar faces. I just like to avoid everyone.

My mom pauses for a while so she could think of something to say. "Tori," she sighs "just get ready for school, I'll give you and your brother a ride after breakfast." she purses her lips slightly and walks out.

I stretch my arms up to behind my head and let out a quiet yawn. I take a quick look around my room before I fumble out of my bed. The bathroom door is shut and locked. "Ugh" I mumble under my breath. "Noah hurry up I need to get ready!" I shout. I hear him stumble around and he knocks something over which makes a loud crashing noise. God he's so clumsy. A couple minutes pass and I knock on the door again. "Noah!" The door swings open, almost hitting me in the face, and he casually walks out without even looking at me. Brothers are so annoying.

As I walk past the mirror my eyes grow wider. My hair is a disaster, my curls look terrible, and I need to re dye my roots. I try fixing it up a bit with my hands. Still a mess. I stumble back into my room to find my hair products. They're still packed in one of these boxes.

After rumaging through almost all of my still packed boxes I finally find what I'm looking for. I put about five different products in my hair, I call it 'my hair concoction' I must be doing something right because I seem to get some compliments on it. I put some make up on, throw on a leather jacket and skinny jeans on and race downstairs into the kitchen. I'm not super worried about what I look like, or what people think about me, I just like to keep it comfy and casual.

Mom made pancakes, again. Pancakes are her go to breakfast food. I'm starting to get sick of them and I think Noah is too, but to be polite I still eat them with a smile and compliment her on how 'fluffy' they are.

Putting my plate in the sink it makes a loud clank, causing my dog Rico to start barking. I roll my eyes at him before kneeling down to pet him. "It's okay Rico it was just me."

"Are you guys ready to go?" Mom says, swiping her keys off the counter. I nod swiftly then get up to grab my bag that was hanging off the arm of one of the kitchen chairs.

"I was born ready!" Noah exclaims with an excited expression on his face.

"Why are you so excited?" I ask him, while I'm slipping on my black combat boots.

"I'm just excited to meet some new girls." he raises his eyebrows up and down.

"Ew, shut up. No girls are going to like you, have you seen yourself?" I chuckle and push him playfully by his shoulder.

"Tori be nice." Mom scolded.

Rolling my eyes at her, I walk outside, the cold air nips at my nose. I jump in the drivers seat of the car, hoping mom will let me drive. I got my license a while back but I still haven't gotten my own car yet. Whenever I need to go places I just use my parents car. Mom and Noah get into the car. Noah immediately slouches down in the backseat, mom hands me the keys and we're on our way.