Flash, Shard and Shatter.

A/N: Okay so this is the longest chapter I EVER wrote….it’s also the most dramatic. I died writing it…like omg.

Emma wasn’t sure how she was supposed to react. She’d met Kiara a couple of times earlier and thought she was the most decent girl she’d ever met. But watching her and Zayn together was a little uncomfortable.

The way Zayn was holding her wrist, like she was a flyaway kite and he was her anchor, keeping her to the ground, away from harm. Everyone around could see how perfect they looked together and all of Emma’s insecurities came gushing in. She noticed how Kiara’s legs were longer than hers, how good she looked in an oversized T-shirt and how stunning her green eyes were.

With every step they took towards them, Emma felt herself grow faint, like she wanted to run away. She didn’t understand why she felt like that, wasn’t Kiara the one who set them up? Obviously she was reading too much into things. Besides, she’d only been on one date with Zayn, she had no right to be jealous.

“Look what the cat dragged in!” Harry laughed, pulling Kiara into a hug while she groaned at the bad joke, obviously referring to Zayn’s nickname for her.

“Hey, Kiara.” Emma greeted.

“Hi Emma!” Kiara exclaimed, throwing on a bright smile while she untangled herself from Harry and embraced Emma.

Kiara caught a whiff of jasmine in Emma’s hair and couldn’t stop the guilt from growing in her belly as she pulled away from the girl. Emma was so sweet; she could tell how honestly she was going to take this relationship with Zayn.

Kiara could not be the one to ruin this. She refused to be the reason for an innocent girls’ heartbreak.

Everyone was chattering mindlessly around her while she processed this information in her head, why exactly was she a threat to their relationship?

“You okay?” Danielle cut through her reverie.

“Fine.” Kiara whispered looking up at her. She could see Liam throw her a pointed glance, as if he knew exactly what had been going on in her head.

All of a sudden anger boiled through, Liam was just so full of himself, and he knew this was going to happen. Why didn’t he stop her from finding Zayn a girlfriend? Liam knew she was in love with him.

And that’s when it hit her, like a meteorite that hurled itself against her chest, so hard she nearly lost her balance. Kiara gasped in pain and turned to see Zayn’s arms wrapped around Emma, pulling her in for a kiss.

The tears stung her eyes threateningly; she was in love with him. That was the only explanation, but then she’d already given him away. He wasn’t hers to love, she knew that but how could she explain it all to her heart.

“Kiara are you sure you’re alright?” Niall asked her.

Everyone turned to look at her, and she’d lost the ability to speak. She could see Zayn look at her with protective worry in his eyes.

She needed to take this one step at a time; she couldn’t fall apart in the middle of a stupid Cineplex.

“I’m fine Niall,” she locked arms with him, “Let’s get some snacks!” she knew food would get his mind off anything else he may have been thinking.

He grinned and pulled her over to the stalls, while she used him as support to make sure her knees wouldn’t give in.

“She looks ill.” Emma whispered to Zayn, noticing the worried glances he threw at Kiara.

“She wasn’t feeling to well when I went to her place.”

“Well maybe you should have let her rest.” Emma couldn’t keep the jealousy out of her voice.