Late Droplets.

A/N: Okay sooo, from this chapter onwards I’m going to have to change my writing pattern a little so that things make more sense. So I’ll be writing from third person point of view instead of first person point of view. It just enables me to elaborate more on what’s going on in other people’s mind as opposed to having focus JUST on Kiara…sorry if that bugs anyone!! XOXO.

Zayn leaned against the sink as he stared at himself in the mirror. He met his own deep brown gaze and sighed as he ran his hand over the rough stubble that grew along his cheeks, and then along the tattoo that marked his bare chest.

Kiara had clearly lost her senses and she’d already set him up on a date with a girl he’d never even heard of before.

Just then the door of his bedroom flung open and Kiara came springing in.

Speak of the devil. Zayn thought to himself with a chuckle.

“Malik! Stop gawking at the mirror and get ready NOW!” She demanded as she collapsed onto his bed.

“Have you never heard of knocking?” Zayn asked, “What if I wasn’t dressed?”

Kiara scoffed as Zayn pulled a shirt over his head.

“Please Zayn, spare me the whole sermon. The amount of times I’ve walked in on Harry indecent is enough to mutilate my mind forever.” She laughed as she stretched her limbs.

“Who is this girl anyway?” He asked fixing his hair and picking up a bottle of his favorite musky cologne.

“She’s a friend of Elle’s.” She replied as she slid out of his bed.

“But have you met her? I don’t want to have tabloid issues.” Zayn continued.

“Don’t worry about it, Elle and I put her through her through a rigorous screening process!!” she laughed.

“This isn’t going to be a special edition of the bachelor, is it?” He snickered checking himself in the mirror for the umpteenth time.

“Yup, this time on the bachelor the girls will have to fight their hardest to win the affection of an extremely vain ape!” Kiara teased, mimicking the introduction to the show.

“Oh, you asked for it!”

He took a few long strides towards her as she laughed, not backing down. He stared down at her, meeting her green eyes for a second before slithering his hands behind her knees and flinging her over his shoulder.

“ZAYN!” She shouted as her hair unbridled from the bun that it was tied in, cascading over her head as she tried to focus while being upside down.

He paced towards the bathroom purposefully and Kiara’s eyes widened as she realized what he was going to do.

“NO!  ZAYN DON’T YOU DARE!!”

“YOU STARTED IT!” Zayn bellowed back as he walked on to the shower, flipping the switch on and turning it to cold.

“READY?” He yelled.

“NO! DO NOT!” She shouted as she thrashed against him, smacking his back but his grip was too strong for her to break.

He laughed as he leaned forward into the shower dropping her straight into the tub.

The cascades of icy cold water hit her neck first, sending goose bumps down to her whole body. She could feel herself being drenched as the cold water seemed to freeze her very blood.

She stood up shivering slightly as she looked at Zayn who could barely control himself for how hard he was laughing.

“OH! ITS ON!” Kiara screamed as her vengeful spirit kicked in.

She turned back towards the shower, pulling the showerhead out of its plug and immediately directing the hose towards Zayn.

“NO FUCK! KIARA!!” Zayn bellowed as the water hit him square in the face, she began to laugh as he stumbled his way into the shower slamming his fist on the hose so the water splayed back on to her.

Kiara squealed and dropped the hose so it fell down to the tub, the water splaying around in all directions.

Zayn flicked the shower off and they both stared at each other for a split second eying each other’s now totally soaked clothes before bursting into laughter.

She clutched her stomach and doubled over as she continued to laugh, his hands finding their way onto her shoulders as they stared at each other still laughing.

She noticed how the water droplets were dripping from his hair and landing ever so gently onto her hands that were now placed on his shoulders.

His hands snaked their way down to her waist, his brown eyes locking with her green ones their laughter now slowly dying away.

He noticed how her pupils dilated when she looked into his eyes, the water droplets running down her face, over her lips, down her neck and he immediately tore his gaze up back to her eyes.

He saw the blush creep up her cheek and her hands tighten on his shoulders, her breathing getting slower as he pulled her body closer to his.

Without consciously realizing it he began to lean closer to her, her red lips parted slightly as her eyes fluttered from his eyes down to his lips which were getting closer to hers.

It seemed as though time itself had frozen, waiting for them to close the distance. She felt her back hit the cold wall of the shower, his breath lingering over her. The only sounds were of their own labored breathing and the beating of their hearts in their ears.

Just then her ringtone tore through the bathroom like a knife, slicing the moment and his hands flew off her waist, pushing him away from her body.

She ripped her eyes away from his, staring down at the pearly white floor of the tub.

He coughed nervously and moved aside slowly sliding out of the tub, trying not to slide. He held his hand out and she took it hesitantly, using him as support as she too, slipped out of the shower.

“Your phone is still ringing.” He said his voice huskier than usual.

She nodded and immediately sank her feet into the plush bath carpet, drying her feet before bounding out of the bathroom and slowly closing the door behind her as she left.

Zayn turned back to the mirror and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. That was weird; he couldn’t believe he’d nearly kissed her. She was his best friend, and he didn’t want to ruin that.

He heard a knock on the bathroom door.

“Zayn, are you getting changed, you’re really late!” he heard Kiara’s voice.

He cleared his throat and shook his head before replying, “Yeah, alright.”

An hour later he was getting out of his car to shouts of the paparazzi and numerous camera flashes.

“ZAYN! LOOK HERE!” he heard someone shout as he looked down at his feet and began to stride towards the restaurant door. He could hear girls squealing and shouting at him to stop and take pictures.

He sighed as he walked into the calm interior of the restaurant, the shouts dying down the moment he was inside.

He was greeted by a woman at the front counter; she was smiling at him obviously having recognized him.

The restaurant was decorated with beautiful red wallpaper and soft lights that gave it a cozy yet plush ambience.

“Yes sir, do you have a reservation?” she asked. He could still see the excitement glint in her eyes but she had obviously been trained for such situations. He could tell she was trying not to completely freak out.

“Yes, I assume in the name of Malik.”

Her smile widened, he wondered if she already knew what his reservation was but wanted to ask just so she could hear him say ‘Malik.’ it had happened to him at numerous places and he bit his lip to stop himself from letting out a chuckle.

She showed him up to the V.I.P section of the restaurant. He smiled at her one last time before looking on towards his table.

He was indeed late. She was already here.