-PART NINE-

John B's Pov

Next thing you know I'm on the S.S Pogue on my way to Ward Cameron's boat to get scuba gear. I should have learned a long time ago to never listen to JJ. He's full of bad ideas, like stealing from my rich boss.

But this time he's right. I have nothing to lose. I arrived at Ward's boat and tied my boat to the dock. I threw my bag on the dock then jumped off. I got my keys and started to unlock the room with the scuba gear.

I heard laughter and my head shot up. Looked like the Cameron's all outside of their big house. My dad said the island was like America on steroids. The haves and have-nots like anyplace, but magnified and multiplied.

The way I see it, the game's rigged. Maybe it always has been. No parents, money...and no one looking out for me, I got no chance.

I walked in, then down the stairs to another door. that was a closet. I opened it then opened my bag and put 3 tanks in without checking which ones I was grabbing. I walked back up holding the bag with both hands.

"Oh! Hey." A voice said making me jump a little. I turned around and it was Sarah Cameron. "Are you stalking us? Plotting your revenge?" She asked. "Yeah. Why don't you tell your daddy I blew the bilge on Druthers? Everything's good to go. Just toppin off these tanks." I lied.

"Hey are you okay?" She asked. "Cause that eye of yours looks really gnarly." She finished. "Yeah you know what. You can tell Topper he won the first round. I'll get him next time." I stated hopping down onto my much smaller boat.

"So there's just gonna be a reign of terror on this island now?" She questioned. "You know wars have been started for less, Sarah Cameron." I replied. "Okay. Can we drop the whole Pogues versus Kooks thing? It is really stupid." She claimed.

"Oh you know, it's easy to say when you're a Kook." I said. We were really close our noses almost touching. I backed up and went over to the wheel and cranked up my boat. She went to salute me but flipped me off instead.

time skip

Y/n Pov

The sun was setting and we were on the S.S Pogue. John B had the scuba gear he stole so we were checking the tanks to see how much time they had. "This is empty. You took empty tanks?" I said looking at them.

"I-." John B started. "Oh this one is a quarter full it's enough for one of us." Kie said holding the tank she had. "Love it when a plan comes together." JJ said. "Does anybody know how to dive?" I asked.

"Anybody?" I asked. "It's kind of a Kook sport." JJ spoke. "I...read about it." Pope said. "Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." Kie said. "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asked.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets in your blood, and you get the bends." Pope explained. "Bends like, bend over and-." JJ started. "The bends kill you." Pope cut him off.

"Right." JJ said. "I can— I can dive." John B claimed standing up. "You can dive. I'm cool with that." JJ replied. "Since when can you dive?" Kie asked. "I'll do it. It's fine." John B answered.

"Let me do some calculations real quick." Pope said. "You serious?" Kie asked. "That boats about 30 feet down right? So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety stop at about...ten feet. Alight? For two minutes." Pope explained.