-PART FIVE-

it's been a while i'm sorry

Y/n Pov

"Guys, the cops are here." I whispered. John B jumped on the bed and looked out the blinds. "Shit." He whispered.  A loud knock hit the door and made JJ jump sense he was standing right next to it. He ran over to the safe and stuffed something in his pocket and slammed everything shut. Not locking the safe back.

John B ran over to the window to try and get it open. "Kildare County Sheriff's Department!" A cop yelled from outside. "Hurry!" I whisper-yelled at John B.

John B got the window open and he got out holding on the ledge standing on a roof above another rooms window. JJ grabbed my hand and followed him but got on the opposite side. JJ held me while we waited for it to be clear. We turned our heads back and saw Pope and Kiara in the boat. "What are you guys doing?!" Pope whisper yelled. I couldn't hear her but Kie definitely said 'Oh My God.'

John B put his finger up to his mouth shushing them. John B peered around the corner looking into the window. JJ looked in too and heard what the cops were saying, I could hear him say 'What the fu-.' John B looked over at him and they started to whisper to each other.

Something fell out of JJ's pocket and he went to grab it which means he let go of me. "J-." He grabbed me pulling me back up before I could fall. I looked down and saw it was that gun. My eyes widened as they squeezed theirs shut. Pope and Kie turned towards eachother trying to make it look like they have been talking this whole time.

The officer yanked the string on the blinds making them fly up. We just stayed still hoping he didn't see us. After a few seconds he finally spoke. "All right let's go. No one's here. " He said then walked away. I let a breath out that I didn't know I was holding.

————————————

We all got back on the boat. Me and JJ were laying in at the front of the boat. "That was fun." JJ said and Me and John B chuckled. "Could have warned us sooner." JJ added.

"We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie said. "You we're on the math team?" I asked Pope. "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." John B said.

"Did you guys find anything?" Pope asked looking at me and JJ. JJ sat up. "Did we find anything? No I don't think so. Oh yeah we did." JJ said pulling out a stack of cash and the gun. I shook my head and sat up next to him. "What the hell?" Pope said getting up from where he was sitting.

"Dude what?" Kie said. "Dude, chill. Come on." JJ said. "Why take that from a crime scene?" Pope asked.

"It's better than the cops having it." JJ protested. "You serious?" Kie asked. John B was smiling while I was just sitting there with a straight face watching.

"Im gonna lose my merit scholarship." Pope said. "Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh." JJ said grabbing Pope by the shoulders putting the gun up to his lips. "At least you have us, right?" He said. "I'm living a nightmare." Pope pushed him off

————————————

We were at the Porthole(idk if this is where they are but i forgot the name.) Sitting and watching the paramedics bring a dead body through.

A woman ran over to the body yelling but I couldn't really hear what she was saying. We were sitting at a shop with some blonde girl, forgot her name don't really care who she is anyway.

"Who's that?" John B asked the blonde girl. "Its Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got. Dead body." She said I looked over and saw the picture she was talking about but turned back and looked at JJ...I don't really like stuff like that.

"Insane." Kie said unamused. JJ turned and looked over my shoulder "Holy shit. What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked. "Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." She said.

We looked at each other with kinda wide eyes. JJ looked over to side and I followed his eyes, he was watching the paramedics roll his body to the ambulance.

————————————

"Okay we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope said running up to the porch of John B's shack. I was sitting next to JJ in a different chair then him and he was flipping a lighter. "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny deny deny." JJ said getting up.

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie said. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ said. "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise it's bad karma." Kiara said. "I agree with Kie. But not because of the whole karma thing." I said.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too. We gotta go dark." Pope said looking at JJ as he walked over next to John B. "If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ spoke.

John B put his hand on JJ shoulder making him look at him. "I don't agree." He said. "What? Why?" JJ asked. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude who's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot's parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'." John B ranted. We all looked anywhere but at
John B.

————————————

Now we were out on the dock. Pope and JJ were fishing while John B and Kie were sitting on the railings. I had my arms wrapped around JJ's waist as he leaned against the railings waiting for a bite.

"Alright, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B asked. "Prostitution." Pope answered. "Square groupers, bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? JJ?" John B said and pointed at JJ. "They we're straight smugglin'." JJ answered.

"Smugglin'. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John B said. "Hell yeah!" JJ yelled as he got a bite and stood straight up making me hold on tighter. "Fish on!"

————————————

Back inside we were in John B's room. Pope was on the bed, Kie in a chair, John B sitting on the windowsill, JJ on a chest. I was standing until JJ pulled me by my waist making me sit on his lap.  "For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it...it probably belong to someone else" Pope said.

"Minor details." Kie said. "They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." Pope said throwing the wad of cash he was holding on the bed.

JJ moved me off his lap and placed me next to him and he leaned up "Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." He said grabbing the money. "All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal." JJ continued.

"Right. And how exactly do we do that?" I asked. "Kegger?" Kie asked.

lol...heyyy idk if anyone is still here but i have seen A LOT of people add this to their reading lists so heyy!!