Are You Not Entertained?

Y/N POV
Zurkie's Gastropub and Battleplex

Three pirates lunged at me, swords drawn, as soon as they left the rift. I only had enough time to raise up my sword to block all three of them. For a moment there was a struggle between all of us, that was until I evened the playing field. I raised Fatebringer up before blowing off the head of one of the pirates. This caused the other two's grip to loosen on there swords, buying me enough time to finish them off. I broke the clash by forcing their swords from their hands into the air, I slashed my sword across the chest of the pirate to my right, effectively splitting them in two, before proceeding to do a spinning decapitation to the other, showering me in electrical sparks. Their swords soon clattered to the ground behind me. This all happened in the span of ten seconds. I look over to see that Rivet had finished off her batch of pirates with a Burst Pistol and a Shatter Bomb. The horn sounded, signaling the end of the first round. I turned to Rivet and she turned to me, we both nodded at each other before preparing for the next round.

The horn sounded, signaling the new round, just as more rifts appeared, pirates along with them. "The pirates-- are coming through rifts?!" Clank exclaimed, finally noticing how the pirates were appearing on the arena.

"Gotta admire them for always finding new ways to cheat!" Rivet responded before summoning an Enforcer and cocking it.

Pierre seemed to catch on to what we were saying. "Ah yes, uh... tearing through the fabric of space time, a true pirate signature!" Pierre thought up, his voice also somewhat cracking up.

'I really want to shoot this guy right now...' I thought in annoyance before having my attention back at the pirates. Instead of these ones wielding swords, they all had guns of some kind. And three of them were aimed at me... "Uh oh," was all I said before diving for cover behind one of the many barricades, barely missing some spiked projectiles. I glanced over the barricade to see that the three were encroaching on my position and trying to shoot away at my cover. 'I could make this work...' I thought before getting back behind cover and feeling the familiar sensation of stasis in my hand. I count to three before tossing the stasis over the barricade, the sound of it hitting the ground and the pirates yelling out in surprise greets my ears before I pop up from cover. What greets me is the three pirates trapped in a wall of ice/stasis, their bodies trapped in a mid dash position while their heads stick comically out of the ice. I stand up onto the barricade, with a grin on my face, before double jumping into the air and then slamming down on the ground, shattering the ice and the pirates in the process. I once again look back over at Rivet and see her clearing up her side with the Enforcer still in hand. The round ended with the horn sounding. Rivet and I met up in the middle before the next round started, our respective weapons being dismissed for the moment. "Doing alright there Riv?" I questioned with my arms crossed over my chest, a smile present in my voice.

She gave me a small smile and a carefree shrug. "Eh, nothing I haven't handled before Hotshot." She then proceeded to playfully punch me in the arm. "Doing alright yourself?" she asked in a playful tone, her tail swishing slightly behind her and her ears relaxed.

I chuckled before dropping my arms. "Always." The horn sounded with the start of the round as rifts opened up all around us. Instead of pirates jumping from the rifts, it was instead little bots with blades for arms. And from the looks of their design, it looks like they're more for up close combat and high speed slashing. I feel the Shatterbomb gauntlet materialize over my right arm as me and Rivet get back to back. "You know what a friend told me once when I was in a situation like this?" I ask Rivet as dozens of bots gather around, their blades spinning menacingly while hovering in place.

"What would that be?" she asked while keeping her guard up and watching the movement of the bots, possibly thinking of the best way to deal with them.