Chapter Twenty Two

Y/N's POV:

The early morning sun shines through the blinds beside me as I slowly begin to awaken from a deep sleep. My eyes flutter open to stare at the ceiling with a groggy feeling inside. I rise up from the bed without a smile as I look down onto the blanket..

...

Its just me.. and its always going to be only me. I gently grab the soft blanket and clench onto it, staring deeply at it like it was something.. something familiar. Thoughts start to fill my mind.

..Usually the one that I knew.. braixen.. would be sleeping in bed on top of me like she always would do. Always so affectionate towards me.. it feels so different now. It's officially been a week ever since I trapped braixen in the pokeball. The house is so silent now.. and not to mention that I was able to get the doorknob and window finally fixed.. I had to make up so many lies just for them to believe me.

I get up from my bed and walk out of the room still in my pajamas. I walk to the bathroom and do the usual things I do. Once I was finally done, I begin to walk downstairs into the kitchen and look for something to eat. Before I was going to grab the cereal box on top of the refrigerator, braixen's pokeball catches my attention.

Simply just staring at it gives me a depressing feeling but also chills at the same time. I remember that day where she cooked food for me.. not many pokemon have the ability to do that. She was so special to me.. I wish I could let her out.. but I'm afraid of what she might do.

I did care for her, I always did. I've considered her a best friend who I grew up with, and I made sure she would always be happy. Seeing her smile always made my day.. but now, I don't know how she's feeling now.

Did I really do the right thing? Trapping her in a pokeball..? I can't shake it from my head. N-No, I did do the right t-thing! She could've done much worse just to keep me for herself..

Should I go and.. capture another pokemon? I'm not sure what to do anymore, and I don't think I have the courage to get another pokemon.. I've known her for years. I just wish that-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!* 

A loud knocking comes from the door, instantly catching my full attention. Who is that? Who in the hell could be knocking at my door so early? I wasn't.. expecting anyone, so...

But of course I obviously have to answer it. Theres a chance it could be a mailman or something. I proceed towards the door only for them to knock once more, which kind of bugs me a little.

Y/N: "I'm coming, hold on!" I quickly yell before I reach in front of the door. I grab ahold of the doorknob and slowly peak my eye out to see.. two guys...? in black suits.. odd.

One of the men has a buzzcut haircut, and as for the other he has short curly brown hair. Never seen them in my life before. I open the door widely so I can see them fully. Buzzcut guy speaks up first.

Man 1: "Hello. Are you Y/N L/N?" He asks in a deep voice.

Y/N: "Uh.. yes I am?"

Man 1: "Good. I hope you don't mind us knocking at your house at this time of day.."

I smile a little and gesture my hand in a 'Dont Worry' kind of wave.

Y/N: "No not at all!.... who are you?" I ask curiously as I don't know either of them.

Man 1: "Oh, how rude of me. Let me introduce myself; My name is Luis Krylenfurg, and this is my partner Daniel shunsing. We were hoping that we could discuss about your well known friend.. cindy."