Chapter 36

Romeo and Juliet

*Arriving there, you saw a tourist guide standing next to Juliet's statue while telling a famous story about Romeo and Juliet so you decided to stay and listen to the story*

Guide: Romeo and Juliet made Verona famous, turning a lovely but unremarkable town in the shadow of Venice in northeast Italy into one of the world's most romantic destinations. Many visitors wonder why Shakespeare chose this setting to lay the scene of his most popular play. The answer is quite simple: he kept to the source material. William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is based on Italian writer Luigi da Porta's A Recently Re-Discovered Story of Two Noble Lovers with Their Pitiful Death Occurred at the Time of Bartolomeo Della Scala.

Da Porta set his play in 14th century Verona, writing about two young nobles living in neighboring castles who fall in love but are torn apart by their warring families, to tragic effect. Da Porta wrote the original story after having his own heart broken, and Shakespeare discovered and reinterpreted his own version just a few decades later—keeping the devastating conclusion and setting the same.

The site where Romeo is said to have declared his love to Juliet is just outside the city's main promenade. Although added to a suitably old house in 1936, and doubtfully the original, it draws romantics in droves and is the site for many a proposal and declaration of love. Juliet's Balcony is one of the most popular sites to visit in Romeo and Juliet's Verona.

Inside this church you'll find the crypt where Romeo and Juliet supposedly secreted away to be married. The Romanesque building features a "wheel of fortune" rose window and 12th century bronze doors.

Draco: Look! It is a wall on which people stick papers on which they express love. Let's do it too.
Y/n: Yes! I think I have some papers here in my bag.
*Draco and you left your papers on the wall and went to Julia's monument. It is said that if you touch her statue, it will bring you luck. After some time you decided to go see something else*

Draco: Hey y/n look! There's a man selling ice cream. We could go by some?
Y/n: Yes great idea, it's so hot out here.
Y/n: Hello! We would like an ice cream with...
Draco, what tastes of do you want?
Draco: Vanilla and strawberry please!
Man: Of course! One big ice cream for this beautiful couple!
Y/n: Oh umm- we're... not a couple...
Man: Oh sorry, my bad,... but i'm just saying... you would make a very beautiful couple!
Draco: Thanks!
*You were a bit uncomfortable*
Draco: Woah, this ice cream is soo good!
Y/n: Yes, i've never eaten any like this before!

*You had an ice cream stain on your face. You didn't even notice it*
Draco: You have something on your face, there...
Let me clean it for you.
*He licked his finger and wiped the stain from your face. He was so gentle at the time, he didn't look like himself at all. You thought to yourself... will things be able to return to normal, will everything be as it was before and will you and Draco feel that love for each other again as you used to... Will it be possible. At that moment, Draco interrupted your thought*
Draco: Y/n
Y/n: Yes Draco?
Draco: Do you want to finish what we started?
Y/n: To finish what?
Draco: Will you marry me?
*At first you had no idea what to say but then... you had mixed feelings. You felt butterflies, you felt safe, happy, exited but also guilty, confused and did not know what to say*
Y/n: I- i.... yes! I would really much like to be your wife!