chapter fifty six

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

~Marley~

The sun was bright.

Shining beside her as the infinite light kissed her skin.

She was warm.

Effortless and completely warm as she leaned her head back, basking in the feeling of freedom for the first time in years.

She smiled widely, throwing her arms in the air as she laughed loudly.

She had no clue where she was, but somehow... she felt free. Like she could do anything and everything she had always wanted to do. For the first time in her life, she wasn't thinking about anyone but herself.

The wind blew gently, the breeze flowing her hair back behind her shoulders as she finally opened her eyes. She looked around and realized that she had been at the lookout point, her body feeling relief as she felt safe in the arms of the open air.

Her back was facing the cliff, her eyes narrowing in on a car parked on the road in front of her. She couldn't hear much, but the radio humming in the running car echoed softly through the wind and into her ears.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly

Tears flooded her eyes as the song became clearer, but then the wind stood still and the silence in the air became louder than before as the memory of what had happened came crashing back to her.

Crashing, crashing, crashing.

She didn't see much, just flashes of light. Then Harry. Then the sun.

There was no one around, she was alone in a place that she had always found a presence in.

Suddenly the light surrounding her didn't bring her comfort, she began to become fearful. She didn't know how long she had been there or when she was ever going to leave. All she knew was that she needed to get back, she needed her brother, Louis... she needed Harry.

She quickly turned around, her eyes scanning her surroundings before she noticed someone standing at the edge of the cliff.

He was tall, his back facing her as his baggy jeans hit the grass below him. His white tee shirt was hugging his arms and the brown belt he had been wearing was one she had seen before. His hair was short, his fingers running through the top of his head before he turned around to look at her.

The silhouette of the man in front of her was bright, the sun's bright glow was making it hard for her to see the face of the person before her... so she slowly started to walk forward.

Silence was still the only thing to be heard in the air, the song starting over as the volume slowly became audible.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see