chapter eighteen *

~Harry~

~Harry~

The walk home from school seemed to drag on and on as Harry ventured down the never ending lonely road to his house. His heart was beating faster than it ever had before as his mind raced laps through his head trying to figure out what to say to his father when he would walk in the door later that night.

His sneakers smacked against the pavement as his backpack slung over his shoulder, weighing him down due to the books he had messily thrown into it. His head was hung low as he rehearsed his explanation as to why he had been sent home early, his house finally coming into view as he prayed his father wouldn't be mad.

His father's car wasn't in the driveway, but something inside of him was telling him that the man was home anyway. His palms began to sweat as he walked up the front steps to his house, feet almost coming to a stand still as his hand reached up to twist open the door knob.

The house was quiet when he entered, nothing was moved from when he and Gemma had left early that morning. He saw his sister's shoes placed messily onto the rug in front of him, remembering that he had gotten a notice in his free period that Gemma had left school early because she was sick. He kicked his shoes off next to hers, running his fingers through his hair with a smile on his face thinking that he had been wrong and his father wasn't home.

He took his jacket off his shoulders and threw it onto the hook next to him, wondering where his sister could be to see if she wanted to watch a movie with him. Usually when Gemma would leave school early it was just a way of ditching, now that their father worked during the day the two would find themselves being 'sick' more often so they could use that time to just breathe for a while. A time for them to not have to worry about anything until their father would come home, one where he could be a normal thirteen year old and annoy the shit out his older sister.

Harry was about to walk over to the couch when he heard the haunting noises coming from the room above him.

He had been here before, this never ending scene already been lived through time and time again.

It's just a dream, it's just a dream.

He repeated those words over and over again as he made his way over to the stairs, trying his hardest to calm himself down as his shaky, sweaty hand was placed on top of the banister.

"Stop, please," he heard his sister beg, "I'm sorry, please stop."

He tried to rush up the stairs to help his sister, only to find his feet not being able to move as his body jerked from how hard he was trying to get to his sister, "Harry!"

Tears rushed to his eyes as he heard his sister cry for him, doing everything in his power for his feet to finally take his body up the stairs. He held onto the banister with both hands, pulling his body up to hopefully break free and save his sister.