Chapter 40: The Little Intern

Not taking into account if Serena did use her charms as a bribe or what the process was like, the results came in. On Monday morning, Ash arrived at May's home to take Serena together to go to work.

Today, Serena was wearing a white shirt and a black skirt under. It seemed to be very professional attire but it really wasn't. The shirt was a style that was a bit childlike and there were ornate creases down the two sides of the skirt. On the waist there was a narrow belt tied up in a butterfly bow. The entire attire looked cute yet proper.

Coincidentally, Ash was wearing a white shirt with black pants today. The two of them walking together seemed like they purposefully wore matching attire. The two were exuded an aura of vibrancy and youth that attracted the attention of people on the youth.

Because Figor Gardens wasn't far from Ash's company, the two of them walked there. Serena was holding Ash's hand, both excited and nervous. "What will I be doing when I get there?"

"What do you like to do?"

"Um, I don't know, but anything is good as long as I have something to do." It would be very awkward if she just sat there.

Ash considered before saying: "Go to Testing for a few days. When you're more familiar with Dreams 2, then you can go into the Planning Department. Brock works in both departments, you can just follow him."

"Okay." Serena nodded. She was just a student and totally unclear as to how the company worked. She just needed to follow whatever Ash said.

When they were nearing the building, Serena remembered to say: "Later, you should go in first. I can go along and find Brock."

Ash lowered his head to look at her: "Why?"

"No reason!" Serena took out her new catchphrase and confessed, "I'm embarrassed."

Ash suddenly understood what it was like to lift a stone to fall onto his own foot.

But, Serena's plan quickly 'miscarried'.

When they were about two hundred meters from the building where Serena was just planning on parting ways with Ash, a person ran past by them. He was wearing black sunglasses, had piercings, looking very much like a post-modern hipster. He ran past them quickly. After running another ten meters, the youth turned and ran back, his gaze bouncing between Serena and Ash. He had a shocked expression: "Boss, I'm not seeing it wrong ...... this, is this our new employee."

Ash nodded, "Intern."

Serena politely smiled at him and wondered curiously why this person was calling Master Boss? Was this Master's title in the company?

Serena had taken some care in dressing today and was especially blinding. Because the impact of the smile was too great, the hipster youth fell into a daze with red hearts coming out of his eyes. But very quickly, he saw the beauty's hand ......

Placed on the crook of Boss' arm.

"Boss, is... is it that you guys are ......"

Ash glanced once at him, preferring to save the effort of even speaking.

The youth quickly understood and exaggeratedly went back two steps. He then turned his body and quickly sprinted for the building. Serena watched him dig out his phone as he ran ...... she could faintly hear his voice ......

"...... a super beautiful girl came ...... it's a pity, its Boss' wife ...... it would be better if she didn't come at all ......"

Serena's black lines stretched for three thousand meters. Ash comforted her: "The Art Department, after this you should try to avoid them."