Chapter 28: Passed By

When Serena logged on to 《Dreams of Pokemon》 again, it was already four days later on Friday.

Usually during the exam time, Serena would not touch the game to prevent herself from getting distracted ...... now there was a certain somebody who was already very distracting to her>o<

This time, logging on was about the contract for the video.

In the last few days, Serena and Stone Corp. Technologies had, with amazing efficiency, signed a contract. On Wednesday, Serena had sent the contract to Stone Corp. Headquarters in Shanghai. They said they received it the next day and so on Friday at eight o'clock, they were giving the agreed-upon payment to Serena.

The payment from the contract was four pets in the game.

At the start, Stone Corp. had suggested a payment of six thousand in cash. But Serena thought it over and pointed out using heavenly beasts in the game to substitute for the money. On their side, Stone Corp. was very happy at the suggestion since the six thousand was cold hard cash but heavenly beasts were just a few lines of code to them. The two sides then sank into a multi-hour long bargaining session over the number of pets and the level. At last, Serena had persevered. Stone Corp. agreed to give Serena four heavenly beasts worth two thousand each on the market and two types of material that had very low drop rates.

This much good stuff wasn't just Serena's alone. Brock and the others also had a share. Even though Master's suggestion was to let her have it all, Serena didn't do it his way. Serena felt that good things should be shared by everybody which makes her happier.

The agreed upon time was eight at night. Serena logged on at seven thirty. So many days without playing, she missed it.

At dinner, Master said he had stuff at night, so he probably wasn't on. But when she got online, Serena still took a look at his icon first –– it was dark.

Brock and Paul were also offline but Gary's icon was shining. Serena was going to send a message to greet him, but he first sent a dot-dot-dot over.

Serena didn't understand and replied with period-period-period.

Gary sent back countless dots back.

Serena refused to lose and typed out a string of periods longer than him back.

So a mysterious chat developed.

"......"

". . . . . ."

".................."

". . . . . . . ."

Just when Serena wanted to know why she was doing such a pointless exercise, Gary finally opened bitterly: "junior Serena......"

This appellation allowed Serena to experience the legendary "whole body shudder." In her shock, she unthinkingly replied: "Oak-tree senior."

"Kao!" On the other side, Gary instantly exploded, "Who told you that? I'm a hundred and eighty centimeters tall, stronger than a bull, blacker than coal, what Oak Tree, Oak Tree $*&$$%......%&^*......"

But who was it that made your surname Oak, and then was conceived under Oak tree, and let your mom think that you would be a girl and had your name all thought out before birth to be Green Gary Oak? Serena thought sympathetically in front of the computer. Getting saddled with this name was enough to break any man.

Gary expelled his anger, and asked fiercely: "Who told you that?"

Of course it had been Master. Really, Ash had just mentioned Gary's name only. But Serena had been amazed by the "beauty" of the name and asked deeper. So Master explained further, cough ......