You Don't Remember

When I wake up the next day, I take a bus to the closest stop at the Salvatore's. Since Matt took the truck to work, I was out of luck.

On the bus, I sat next to an awkward old man. It was already hot and humid outside and my black tank top with daisies on it was sticking to my body even more.

"And finally, we were able to hitch a ride back into town, and you know, of course us being teenagers, we were drunk!"

As he went on, I stared out the window. He was talking about a story of when he was a teenager and his rebellious things.

It had to have been in the fifties as to what he was talking about. Being honest, I could have been interested, but it was way too hot.

Finally, we pulled up to my stop. "My mother was like-"

"This is my stop," I cut him off, "but, great story! Maybe I can hear it another time." Kindly, I stood up from my seat with a smile.

He grinned lightly. Anyone could tell that he had dentures in. "What is your name, sweetheart?" he asked.

As I walked, I turned my head and lied, "Michelle."

I felt bad for lying, but got over it quickly. At the last step off the bus, I realized I had to walk up a hill to get to the Salvatore's.

Taking a deep breath, I began hiking. This was going to kill my legs, I thought.

By the time I reached the top, I was sweating. There was a large sweat stain on my back and it was ugly.

I didn't bother knocking on the door, just walked in. Damon was walking past the front door when he saw me.

"You look disgusting," he commented.

Sighing, I said, "Thanks. I had to hike all the way up the hill in ninety degree weather."

Damon's eyebrows creased. "Why didn't you call me, moron? I would've picked you up."

"That's exactly why, Damon."

I didn't have anything strictly against Damon. He could be cool at times, but I'd just rather keep my distance.

Who knew, if him and Elena break up again, he could kill me out of anger.

He only rolled his eyes. "Whatever, you smell gross. Go take a shower," he said.

"I don't have any extra clothes."

"Borrow Elena's."

As Jo and Alaric practiced magic in the living room, I went upstairs to shower. Damon's shower was nice and fancy. I loved it.

I took a long, hot shower as I heard crashing downstairs. It didn't faze me because I knew it was Jo messing up as she practiced.

I really hoped she would win this merge. Kai is nothing but a cruel person and needed to be stopped.

He almost murdered my brother yesterday. I didn't know what I'd do if he really did.

After my shower, I wrapped the towel tightly around my body and walked to the closet.

If there was one thing Elena was good at, it was fashion. We had similar tastes in style, but she was the one who could afford it all.

I dressed in black shorts and a blouse. I was still going to use my flip flops because they're not sweaty and gross.

As I walk down the stairs, brushing my hair, I heard more crashes.

"Hey! I loved that vase!" Damon whined.