Not My Plan

Slowly, I came to. My side stung with a dull pain and when my eyes cracked open, everyone stood.

I noticed who they all were. My friends. "She's awake," Caroline said smiling.

"How are you feeling?" Stefan asked.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you," Elena told me.

"I came back home as soon as I heard you'd been hurt," Jeremy said.

"We're going to get Kai back," Damon assured.

I closed my eyes to get myself away from the eager people. "Guys, relax. She's been through a lot," Caroline told everyone.

When my eyes opened, I noticed Tyler and Liv standing off to the side, giving me my space. "I'm fine," I croaked out.

"No, you're not. You were stabbed," Jeremy said.

I looked at him and smiled. "Hey, sport. Where ya been?"

He cracked a grin. Jeremy had been like a little brother to me since he was born. I'd known Elena longer than he has.

"I was at the Gilbert Lake House to clean up my hunting skills."

I nodded. Before I could answer, Tyler said, "Good, so you can help us kill Kai for doing this."

If I had to be honest, I was surprised Tyler was still here. After I left for college he made it clear he doesn't care about.

"Oh yeah, we're killing him. Big time," Caroline said.

"Now blondie, don't do anything stupid. We need him before we kill him," Damon replied. Stefan folded his arms. "As much as I want to torture this bastard, Damon's right," he said.

No one had the time to answer because we heard yelling outside my door. There was a big window so I had a full view.

"Where is she!?" Matt shouted. Jo apporoached him but he gripped her biceps and said, "Where is my sister?"

Elena rushed outside. "Matt."

He sped in and when he saw me, he came to my side quickly, slightly pushing Stefan aside. "Are you okay? What happened? You were in surgery?"

His questions made my head woozy but it subsided. "Matt, Matt I'm O.K.," I said, calming him down.

"You don't know how it felt to get a call in the middle of work saying that my sister's been stabbed."

I was silent. "Who did this to you?" he asked.

No one answered. Which I was glad about because I wanted to tell him. "Kai," I muttered.

Matt's face flickered with fury. He was so mad that he couldn't speak. So I decided to change the subject. "Can I just take someone's blood to heal me faster?"

"Wait until you get home," Jo said coming into the room.

"When will that be?" Damon asked.

Matt was still too angry to speak. His eyes were closed and he tried to control his breathing. "I can sneak you guys out now if you like."

"Do it," I said quickly.

Matt and Caroline helped me out of bed and she helped me get changed in the bathroom. The stab wound sure did hurt like hell.

"Don't you worry, Bell. We're gonna get him for doing this," she told me.

I weakly smiled as I slipped on my shirt carefully. "Thanks, Car."