Temple University

"I can't believe you're really leaving," Ally whined. I chuckled as I tossed shirt after shirt in my suitcase.

"Aw, don't worry. We'll be in touch, you know it," I assured. Her mood lightened, but she still refused to give me a hand with packing.

Ally was always the lazy one out of our bunch. Sometimes, it was funny. Not only was she my friend, but she was my roommate.

Her vibrant blonde hair fell to her shoulders and her effulgent blue eyes shined no matter what. "James and all the guys are going to miss you," she reasoned.

I couldn't help but laugh at her in-accurate comment. "No, they're going to miss staring at my ass," I remarked.

Ally laughed. "That's true, too."

There was a loud bang on our dorm room door causing the hooks on the back to rattle. I looked at Ally and she groaned but sprung up to answer it.

"Hey bud," she greeted.

I turned to see who it was and my best friend Alex came running inside and directly too me. He picked me up in a hug, squeezing my insides out.

"Don't leave me. Don't leave your snugglebums," said Alex.

A laugh just barely escaped my lips as I began to become unable to breathe. "Al...Alex," I choked.

Once he saw me, he set me down. "Sorry, Bella." His crooked and goofy smile made up for him almost compressing me to death.

"But please don't leave," he pouted.

My shoulders lifted. "I have to. My family can't afford me to go here anymore. I have to go to community college now."

Ally plopped onto the bed, scrolling through Twitter on her phone. "That really sucks. All of us are so used to you! Now you're just leaving," Alex told me.

"I know, it does. But hey, I'll see you soon, though. Promise," I responded.

For the months I'd been here at Temple University, Alex had been my rock. There was absolutely nothing romantic between us and that's been confirmed both ways.

"All packed," I announced as I zipped up my last out of three suitcases. Plus a backpack. Ally sat up from her bed and outstretched her arms.

Happily, I fell into them, holding her tight. "Call me, okay?" she said. I nodded. "Of course." When we drew away I said, "What about everybody else? Where are they?"

"Taking their Finals," Alex answered.

I pouted slightly. Not saying goodbye to them would surely suck, but I had a bus to catch. Alex and I left the dorm and I took one last look around, saying bye to freshman year of college.

At the bus station, Alex and I hugged for what felt like hours. "If anything goes wrong, call me and I'll be there as fast as I can. Got it?"

"Got it," I said with a chuckle. After boarding the huge bus, I sat towards the back and glanced at him through the window.

He waved tiredly at me and I did the same. The worst part about leaving Temple was leaving him.

I was in a deep and heavy sleep when my phone started going off, jolting me awake. I fumbled around in my bag as I looked for it and received glares from people in other seats.

Finally, I found it and Matt's name was sprawled at the top. "Hello?" I said, silencing my ring tone. "Hey, Izzy. When are you pulling in?"

My brother's voice rung throughout my mind as I shook myself awake. I peered above the seats at the screen towards the front of the bus that said we'd be arriving in ten minutes.