Chapter 7

Brae's POV:

We were driving around for a while just finding things to do. We were just listening to the music smoking and jamming' out. These girls were so much fun to be around I honestly loved it.

"Hey pull over here into the Top Notch." Jodi said.

"Why you got the munchies?" I asked laughing at her.

"Maybeeeee. Maybe not." She smiled at me and then we all broke out laughing. I pulled up and we ordered some drinks and some food. I had to admit I'm glad she did this because I was honestly getting hungry.

"Hey Shavonne!" Jodi yelled out the window. "Over here." I looked over and saw her get out of the Darla's truck. I made eye contact with Simone before she quickly looked away. That was one thing I didn't have to worry about is I could fight and I could fight dirty. And with tonight being my first night out with new friends I wasn't looking to make a name for myself already. But I will if I have to.

"Hey you okay?" Jodi asked me snapping me back into reality. I just smiled at her and nodded my head yes. I turned around and said hi to Shavonne. We all sat and talked for a little before the waitress walked over with our orders handing them to us.

"Thank you" I said smiling at her and handing her a $5. What? Waitresses have bills to pay too. "So where to?" I said turning to look at the girls.

"Uh I dunno. Did Pick say what we were doing tonight since the party got busted?" Shavonne asked me.

"Not much. Pink suggested going to some place called the Emporium and meeting up there to see what we all wanted to do. Kev agreed and told me to meet him there." I said looking at her and Jodi.

"Well then I guess we head there." Jodi said smiling at me. We drove off listening to the music. The girls were having their own conversation in the back when Jodi turned to look at me. "What?" I asked smiling and looking at her and then back at the road.

"You think anything is gonna happen with you and Pink tonight?" She asked me poking my arm a little. I smiled at the thought, but I honestly wasn't sure.

"I don't know honestly. I mean he's cute and I guess I kinda have a thing for him. But I'm not really sure. I just don't really wanna get my hopes up on anything. Just wanna go with the flow."

"Wait a sec here lady. Did I just hear something about you and Pink?" Shavonne asked leaning on the back of the front seat. I laughed at her quickness to cut into the conversation.

"How close are you with Simone and Darla?" I asked looking at her for a second.

"Not really close at all. I just talk to them enough to hear what they have to say about my girls here. I was only with them tonight because I needed a ride out and Darla lives around the corner from me." I looked over at Jodi to see if she was telling the truth and she gave me a reassuring look.

"Okay well I kinda kissed him earlier on accident when he was dropping me off at my house." I finally admitted to her.

"What? Oh that's awesome! Finally he gets someone better than Simone." Shavonne said. We all just laughed a little at her comment.

"Wait how do you accidentally kiss someone?" Sabrina asked. I had completely forgotten that she was in the car for a second since she was being so quiet.

"Well I went to kiss him on the cheek and I guess he turned his head at the same time that I was leaning over and I dunno it just happened."

"Well what did you do?" She asked leaning over the seat with Shavonne.

"I stuttered like a complete idiot. I just wasn't expecting it to happen" They both leaned back into the seat and laughed. "What? I couldn't help it!" I said laughing and trying to defend myself. We continued heading to the Emporium laughing and talking about Pink and the other guys from school. This night was really turning into one of the best ones I've had in a while. And yes eventually I did tell Shavonne about why I moved here. And she was really comforting as I explained it.