Ch. 26 - Unexpected Phone Call

"I CAN'T LOVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU, Joshua

"I CAN'T LOVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU, Joshua. You are impossible to love," her voice echoes in my mind.

My chest felt constricted, and it hurt to think about her. She was the first and only girl I have confessed my love for, and she shut me down in the worse way possible.

"You are impossible to love."

I quickly opened the bottle of vodka, and I took a long sip from the bottle. It burnt my throat, but I didn't care. All I cared about was her words in my head.

And his.

"This isn't a fucking fairytale, boy! You are just a little shit who doesn't deserve to be loved!"

"I hate you!"

"How dare you speak to me that way?! If it wasn't for me, you would be on the streets for dead! You ungrateful shit!"

"You are impossible to love."

My father's words echoed in my head along with hers. I was foolish for thinking she could love me. Nobody loves me; not anymore. Not since my Mom died.

At the thought of my mother, I took another long chug of the bottle. I just want to forget about everything.

Just for a little while.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Joshua! Fuck! Wake up!" I heard Xavier's voice yell before I felt his slap.

My eyes fluttered open to see that I was sitting on the shower floor as cold water was hitting me. Xavier squatted in front of me, panicking, as he tried to get me to wake up.

"Oh thank God!" He exclaimed as he realized I was awake. "Man, you scared the shit out of me!"

Xavier quickly shut the water off, and I groaned as my head started to throb. Xavier got out of the shower, and he leaned against the counter.

"What the hell happened dude? You look like shit," Xavier asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, you don't look too bad yourself," I commented before groaning once again. "I just had a drink."

Xavier scoffed,"Yeah, right. One drink made you sleep all day? I doubt it."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, holding my temple.

"It's four o'clock in the evening, Joshua. You missed school, and I couldn't get ahold of you. Thank God I decided to stop by and check in on you. I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge. I had to drag you in here, and wake you up with cold water."