Ch. 13 - Sister Chats

"MOM, I PROMISE THAT I AM FINE," I told my mom for the hundredth time

"Leah Ann Perry, you have a concussion! You need to stay home and rest, sweetie," Mom argued, crossing her arms over her chest as she stood in front of the door. Her hair was curled today, and she was dressed in pink blouse and black pants.

"It's a mild concussion, and I have to get to school," I replied, trying to get around her. Every time I moved she moved.

"I don't care. Ross said that you need to stay at home for a day or two just to be sure."

"Mom," I groaned, but she shook her head, stubbornly.

"Nope. You are going to stay here, and that is the end of it."

I sighed, giving up,"Fine, fine. I guess I'll work on some homework."

"Actually, I have something better," she said with a evil smile.

Oh gosh what has she done now?

The doorbell went off, and she smiled, excitedly. Then she turned around, and she opened the door, revealing Campbell.

Campbell grinned, and she came inside the house, giving me a big hug. I hugged her back, and I smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her after we broke apart.

"Well, I took off work, and the twins are with Martha, so I figured we could spend the day together, catching up," Campbell explained, happiness rolling over of her.

Campbell is one of the brightest people I have ever known even with all the stuff she went through. She finally got her happy ending, and I couldn't be more happier for her.

I nodded, and Mom smiled before saying,"Okay, well, I am going to go, but I'll be back around three. Have fun."

She gave me and Campbell a hug before leaving the house, shutting the door behind her.

"So...." Campbell drawled out with a small smirk.

"So...." I replied in the same tone.

"You better tell me everything!" Campbell exclaimed, pointing a finger at me with an excited grin.

I groaned,"Everything?"

Campbell nodded, eagerly,"Oh, yeah. Come on, I'll make us some coffee, and we can get started."

After Campbell made two cups of coffee, we both sat down on the couch. Campbell tucked her legs underneath her before taking a sip of her coffee.