Ch. 23 - Truths Revealed

WATCHING JOSHUA SLEEP WAS SO peaceful

WATCHING JOSHUA SLEEP WAS SO peaceful. He looked at peace while he slept, and I couldn't tear my eyes off of him. 

His dark brown hair was messy from sleeping, and his full chest was showing, revealing his tattoos. Joshua had four tattoos on his chest/stomach.

One was lightening coming from his side down his left ribs. The second one was a small snake underneath his right side of abs. The third one was two small butterflies on the left side of chest. The last one was a date in roman numerical on the right side of his chest.

"Like what you see?" Joshua asked, catching me red handed.

My eyes glanced up from his tattoos to his face. He was smirking, and I rolled my eyes at him. I went to get up, but his arm wrapped around my waist, tightened, bringing me closer to him.

I smiled,"Well, look at you, you big cuddly bear."

Joshua grinned down at me before kissing the top of my head. "Shh, don't tell anybody. My secret will be revealed."

I laughed at him while he dragged his fingertips up and down my side. Each touch sent sparks burning through my body.

"I hate to be the one to break this cuddling session up, but I really need something to drink," I said, making him groan.

After all that crying last night, my throat was dry and sore. I'm still trying to process what happened to me, but when I'm around Joshua, everything seems so much brighter and happier.

"Fine, but please come back," he replied as he moved his arm so I could get up.

I got out of the bed, only in his shirt and boxers, before replying back to him.

"Will do. If I'm not back in five minutes, call the search party," I joked before heading out the door.

I walked down the stairs before heading into the kitchen. I grabbed a cup from the cupboard before filling it with ice.

As I started to fill the cup of with water, I couldn't help but think about last night's events. So much happened in such little time.

First, Joshua cried in my arms. I have never seen him cry, not even after his mom passed away. To see him crying because he blamed himself for what happened to me, shattered my heart.

Then we kissed....multiple times. I would say we were caught up in the moment, but I can't deny the chemistry between me and Joshua. Every time he's around, my heart does a backflip and my entire body lights up like a Christmas tree.

But I don't know what's going to happen now. We were only suppose to be fake dating to get back at Asher, but things have grown complicated.

For me, at least.

I don't know how Joshua is feeling about all of this.

I finished filling my cup before turning around to walk back to Joshua's bedroom. But when I turned around, somebody was standing there, watching me. I jumped back in fear, almost dropping my glass.