Chapter 6: The morning after...

Chapter 6

I burrowed deeper into the blankets and groaned when the warmth that had been pressed up against me disappeared.

When I got into a comfortable position I curled up into a ball fully prepared to jump head first into deeper sleep but the sound of something hitting the floor and then the string of curses that followed pulled me out of my sleep induced comfort.

My eyes flew open and I sat up on the bed. When I saw his naked frame wandering around the room, everything came back to me in a flash; the wonderful night I’d had, the heart stopping sex. It had about a hundred times better than I had imagined it would be.

Who knew the intimacy between mates could be so…intense, but the best part of my night had to be the things he’d said to me and I knew that despite being drunk he had meant every word; If I was certain of nothing else I was certain of that.

Which is what caused the huge grin on my face at the moment as I watched him gather up his clothes while at the same time pressing one hand to his head; he had a hangover.

He still hadn’t realized I was awake and so I took pleasure in watching him for a few seconds more. He was stark naked and from where I sat I could make out the hickies the pretty much bathed his body; that made my grin pretty much expand; it felt like I had marked him somehow; marked him as mine and it was a great feeling. While he hurriedly gathered pieces of clothing he kept running clumsily into things and so every now and then he’d mutter a frustrated curse.

“I almost afraid to ask what you’re doing.” I said with a grin, then watched as he froze where he stood, then turned around slowly. It was his facial expression in that moment that caused my grin to slip and then leave my face completely. His eyes were wide with…fright?

He stood there looking like a deer caught in the headlights. He looked almost like he’d just had a nightmare the way he was staring at me without uttering a single word.

“Grady? Everything okay dude?” I asked uncertainly.

He stood silently staring at me for a seconds then he cleared his throat and started in a shaky voice; “W-what happened last night?” he looked like he didn’t really even want to hear the answer the way he stepped back with his eyes still wide.

My brows forrowed. “You don’t remember?”

“I-I remember…parts..somethings but…” he said looking positively uncomfortable.

“Like what?” I pushed. I needed to know he remembered. I couldn’t be the only one who held the memories of such a wonderful night.

“I remember…” he took a deep breath then continued “I don’t know just tell me.” He pleaded. It was then that I realized he wouldn’t be happy about what we had done, this was Grady he was still homophobic, he was still straight.

I didn’t know why I even harbored any fantasies that this would change things for the better. The things he had said to me as we had sex whirled around in my mind...he had meant them, I knew he meant them even if he probably only had sex with me because he was drunk and so I found myself going out on a limb just to see how it would play out.

“We had sex.” I said simply then watched his expression which went from scared to horrified, disgusted, angry, uncertain and then right back to fearful.

“Shit, we…” it’s like he couldn’t even go on. He bent down to take up his boots then turned and it finally dawned on me why he had been gathering his clothes in the first place; he was going to leave, just like that. He was running scared!

“Grady wait!” I called out when he reached the door, but he didn’t stop and I jumped from the bed and ran after him. His hangover seemed to be slowing him down however so I caught up with him in no time and grabbed his hand, pulling him to a stop. He spun around dragging his arm from mine as if it had been burned and I felt a flash of hurt at his actions.