Chapter 1: Charming Asshole

Disclaimer: The following contains romance between two males, if you are opposed to it then read no further.

 Please note....the supernatural creatures in my stories ( whether they're werewolves, vamps etc) are not the traditional creatures you've all read about so expect a few differences from the traditional creatures of Hollywood... Writers are free to use their imagination and that's what i did.

.........BaCkGrOuNd.......

It's a time where werewolves and humans coexist but humans know nothing of their existence. Thomas is a beta in a wolf pack. All wolf packs are named after their Alpha so when an Alpha dies, the name dies with him if he has no heirs. If he has an heir however then the position is passed as such. The beta of the pack becomes Alpha if no such heir exists.

The camp is situated far from any town, however the camp looks like a normal neighborhood so that if any human was to stumble across it they wouldn't think twice about it. He goes to school just like a normal human would and all the other werewolves in the pack live normal lives in human society, the only time they are able to truly be themselves is in the wolf camp.

Homosexuality is prohibited in all wolf packs because it is expected that each member should one day find a mate and procreate so that the packs can grow, thereby becoming stronger. This rule has been changed recently however when the Alpha and his Beta both came out to the pack as homosexuals. This brief bit is just to clear up any misunderstandings you may have.

Chapter 1

I opened my locker and stuffed my gym bag into the only available space then slammed it shut and turned to face my best friend, who had his arms folded in front of him and was looking at me as if I was one of the biggest idiots he'd ever come across. Typical Grady, if I went through the day without getting one of those looks from him it was a strange day indeed.

"What?" I asked him before turning to walk down the hall and as expected he followed.

"I can't believe you're gonna miss the biggest party of the year, dude you of all people should be there!" He said exasperated and without looking at him I knew he was still glaring at me.

"Me of all people? And why is that?" I said then nodded a greeting to a girl who waved to me as I passed by her locker.

"Well for one you're probably the only senior without any restrictions, you can come and go as you like and you're letting every single opportunity pass you by!" he practically shouted at me and a few heads turned to stare at us with interest as we walked down the crowded hall on our way to class.

The lack of restrictions he was going on about had to do with the fact that I lived on my own. My parents had been killed in the same raid that killed the Alpha's mother years ago and I'd been staying with my uncle until I was sixteen, when he died. Ever since I'd been living on my own, even though it didn't really feel as such since I lived in a such supportive pack.

"Yeah well, I have more important things to do than waste time at some lame ass party with a buncha idiots like you." I replied in my usual mocking tone.

"And this is why you don't have a girlfriend." He said with a sad shake of his head.

No, the reason I didn't have a girlfriend was because I had absolutely no interest in girls, heck I had no interest in anyone. No one but Grady, my homophobic best friend who had no idea he was my mate and until a couple months ago had no idea I was even a werewolf.

That was taken care of though, of course it had taken a while to convince him he wasn't losing his mind when I shifted into my wolf form for him, but he'd eventually accepted it. So far he was the only human I had told and it felt good to get it off my chest. I only wished I could tell him he was my mate as well, but who was I kidding; there was no telling how he'd react to that bit of information.