Chapter 25: Sleep wins...every time.

Chapter 25

~Thomas’s POV~

I had to admit, the week was going much better than expected. Grady hadn’t blown the whole rape thing out of proportion, Jessie had accepted my apology and even went as far as to recommend to Carson that I be put back into my role in the fullest capacity as Beta even though the sessions still continued, the pack was celebrating its biggest party of the year today and I got to wake up to the Grady’s handsome face every day this week. Not bad at all.

I turned in a full circle surveying the turn out and smiled, pleased with it all.  There were at least three different packs here and so far I had yet to notice one hiccup. Everything seemed to be going well and the integration between packs was sure to please the council and the Alpha.

Speaking of Carson; he certainly did seem pleased; I spotted him close to the stage keeping up conversation with the Alpha of the Marcana pack; the great she-devil herself; Marissa Marcana and she also seemed to be having a great time.

I only wished  that this party extended to humans because I knew for a fact that the guys from school would  probably dub this the party of the year; sexy teenage girls, dancing in next to nothing, college chicks to die for, and free booze.

The only downside to them would probably be the  mass of adults milling about but werewolf parents tended to be  way more lenient than human ones and the kids and the adults had pretty much formed cliques of their own already anyway.

“Dude I’m telling you he won’t do it, look at him, he’s evil.”

I turned my attention to the voice that was unmistakably Grady’s. He and Laken were forcing their way through the crowd, drinks in hand while Grady tried to convince Laken of something…corrupting his innocent mind no doubt. They’d been hanging out a lot this past week which was certainly a surprise to me but it was good to see that my mate was finally over his pointless prejudices.

“He’s not evil you just don’t…” Laken’s reply was drowned out in the music and a second later they both disappeared through the crowd.

I wasn’t sure I even wanted to know what that particular conversation was about. I was perfectly content to just stand in my corner, sipping my drink and watching what was taking place around me, but that was not to be the case. I heard her voice before I saw her face and a wide grin broke out on my own.

“Now what is the big bad Beta doing standing here all by his lonesome?” Katherine said and when I turned to the sound of her voice I was enveloped in a big hug. I held onto her and spun her around until she was laughing uncontrollably in my arms.

“Kat, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to L.A this weekend.” I said, grinning from ear to ear.

“Yeah well, I broke it off with Terry so no point in going there anymore.” She said with a shrug, then grinned up at me.

“So where is he?” she questioned.

“Where’s who?” I evaded with an equally wide grin.

“Your mate, you jerk, he’s gotta be brave to put up with the likes a you, I wanna meet him.” She said and I laughed.

“I don’t know, last time I saw him he was  running around with Laken.” I said looking around just in case I could catch a glimpse of him.

“Ooooo running around with the Alpha’s mate, you better hope he really only got eyes for you hun.”

“Haha shut up.” I joked and took her by the arm pulling her through the crowd. Now that Kat was here it was officially a party.

I’d met her at the first pack party I was allowed to attend, which was when I was fifteen and I still had no clue what it was about her that made me like her so much, but I did. She was cynical, stubborn, a bad girl through and through and profanity was her second language. Everything about her should have been a turn off for me but I’d liked her instantly and if there was anyone in this world I could call a sister it would be Kat.