Prologue

Dedicated to Queen_Of_Freaks for the beautiful cover!! You guys should definitely check out her work, it's amazing! Thank you so much!:)

**Prologue**

“Promise?” I asked biting my lip anxiously as I looked up at him.

Pax smiled taking my hand in his as he sat down beside me on the ground. “We’re going to be best friends forever Em, promise.”  

“How can you be so sure?”I sniffed wiping my nose with the back of my hand.  “He said the same thing...and now he’s gone.” I sobbed.

“Ah, Em don’t think like that.” Pax told me softly rubbing my back comfortingly. “I’m sure he didn’t want to leave you.”

“Yes he did.” I nodded, “He hates me.”

“No one can hate you.” He laughed wiping my tears away, “You’re too pretty.”

“Y-you think I’m pretty?” I blushed looking into his blue eyes.

“Of course I do. You’re the prettiest girl in the whole world. You’re way prettier then my sisters.” He nodded matter of factly and my lips twitched into a smile.

“You’re sweet. But my dad didn’t want me anymore.” I shook my head.

“You don’t need him.” He scoffed smirking over at me, “you got me now. Forever.”

“Forever?” I rolled my eyes.

Pax nodded and held out his pinky. I stared at it a smile stretching across my lips as I linked my pinky with his. We both kissed our thumbs and placed them together while still keeping our pinky’s locked. “Forever.” He whispered.