Chapter Twelve

• Dedicated to Katelyn

Violet was calling, again. It had been a little over an hour since the whole incident in the mall. Chelsea and Violet keep calling to check up on me. It was a little annoying, if I'm being honest, almost annoying as Nate and Pax. They kept looking at me like I was going to break down any minute, they were pitying me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I sighed rolling my eyes as I looked over at them.

Nate shook his head, "Who was that asshole."

"He's a friends, Nate." I groaned.

"Friends don't treat each other like that." Pax spoke up.

My eyes settled on his as they narrowed, "Because you know what a good friend does?" I scoffed. His fist clenched in his lap and I rolled my eyes again. "Yeah whatever. I'm going out."

"Em." Nate stood up and blocked my path.

"Nate, seriously. I just want to get the fuck away from everyone!"

"Em did you just-." Nate looked shocked.

"Swear. Yes. Get over it." I pushed past him and made my way to the front door. As I threw open the door a girl jumped back in surprise, her arm raised to knock.

"Hey Emms, is Nate here?" Eliza asked looking down at her shoes nervously. I froze. Eliza was nervous. Sure I didn't know her all that well but from what I did know about her was that she was definitely not shy.

"Uh, Yeah. He's just in there." I instantly forgot about my problems. Eliza was nervous and asking for Nate, which could only mean one thing. And I do know Nate, I know Nate more than anyone and he isn't afraid to hurt people and this is a problem. "Nate, Someone's here to see you."

Nate looked up tiredly and then sighed when he saw Eliza, "Hey."

See. He's so going to hurt her. "You could be nicer." I groaned.

"What are you doing here?" Pax asked his eyebrows furrowing questioningly. Eliza looked surprised as she saw Pax sitting in my living room.

"I could ask you the same thing." She snapped back.

Pax's hands twitched and his eyes shifted to me and then back to her, he hadn't told her about him staying here for a couple days. "He's just seeing if I was alright." I told her quickly and Pax gave me a relieved look. "I ran into some people in the mall...and yeah." I trailed off.

Eliza looked at me concerned, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I smiled and my phone vibrated again. I guess I should answer. I slid to answer and sighed into the phone, "Hey Vi, what's up?"

"Are you okay?" was the first thing she asked.

"I'm fine." I sighed again. Everyone was freaking out over nothing! "Is that all you wanted?"

"Yes." She paused and I was about to hang up when she continued, "No Em, come out with us, it'll take your mind of the whole Robbie thing."

My eyes flickered over to where Nate and Eliza were chatting quietly and Pax was staring intently at me. Maybe getting out of here wouldn't be a terrible idea. I sighed "Yeah, sure. What'd you have in mind?"

"A party." She sounded unsure.

"Sounds fun." I commented, the alcohol will definitely taken my mind off of the whole Robbie thing.

"Great will pick you up in five minutes." She squealed and hung up. I sighed and began to make my way up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Pax asked as he followed me.