Chapter Three

School is stupid, you probably already know this but I’ll say it again, school is stupid.

Cheer practice was the only thing keeping me sane. Hard workouts and great choro just made me all the more happier.

It was past five and everyone already left so I was the only one left. Groaning, I fell back onto the floor, it was Friday and we just finished with the try outs. Some girls were really good, like they’d fit right in and some, well to put it nicely, should never dance in public again. Mean, yes but if you saw them you’d understand.

“So this is what you do instead of answering my calls?” Robbie asked leaning over me, a wide smile on his face. I groaned causing Robbie to laugh, “tough day?”

“You could say that.” I mumbled.

“Come on, you don’t want to spend your last free minutes in here, lets go get something to eat quick.” Robbie offered, I looked over at the clock and groaned again.

“There is only half hour till we have to be back.”

“We’ll figure something out, come on.” He held out his hand, I smiled and let him help me up.  He held my hand all the way to my bag and then he picked it up throwing it over his shoulder leading me out of the school to his car. He put my bag in the car as he opened the door for me and I smiled again.

“Aw Robbie.” I cooed as he gestured me into the car, “I could just kiss you.”

He grinned, “Well, what are you waiting for?”

I shoved him away from me as he leaned in closer, “Not going to happen.” I laughed.

“Aw Em.” He pouted stepping closer, I held out my hands and he ran into them. Smirking he pushed me up against the car, “please?”

“Naw uh.” I shook my head pushing him away, “Hurry up, we have to eat before your big game.” I smiled.

“Just a little kiss?” He asked and then touched his lips, “right here.”

I kissed his cheek rolling my eyes, “happy?”

“No.” He sighed, “you’ll kiss me someday Emily Cross, mark my words.”

“You wish, Robert Klein.” I scoffed climbing in the car.

“You bet.” He whispered and then shut my door.

**~~**~~**

Twenty minutes later we ended up parking in the same spot and laughing as we got out. “Don’t ever do that again.” He growled lightly shutting his door.

“Oh come on we got free ice cream.” I offered holding up my cone to remind him. “So it was worth it.”

“Flirting with that guy wasn’t really necessary.” He grumbled and I nodded, smiling.

“Yeah it was, does free ice cream mean nothing to you?” I rolled my eyes.

“I can’t have my girl flirting with other guys,” He told me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my cone in peace when I saw him. He was leaning against the school, dressed in his usual black and cold glare. My stomach flipped, he looked like he'd been standing there for awhile and just as Robbie opened the door for us I heard a girl calling out his name.

“Pax!” She squealed running to him, her dark brown hair flowing behind her. I saw his face light up as he wrapped her in his arms. My heart tugged and I sucked in a breath facing forward trying to forget the hurt I felt. I mean seriously I did this to myself, right? Okay I didn’t intentionally do it but it’s basically the same thing.