Chapter Thirteen

I woke up dazed and confused. What happened last night? I groggily rubbed my eyes and sat up. Groaning I held my head, I had a pounding headache and was slightly dizzy.

“Morning.” A voice spoke from across the room, I groaned again and he laughed a little which only hurt my head more. “Sleep well?”

“What are you doing Nate?” I glared annoyed.

“Pax told me to watch you.” He shrugged, “He had to work or he’d be here.”

“And why do you need to watch me?” I asked making my way out of the bed. I stood up slowly in order to not make the room spin, but it didn’t help.

“Woah, there.” Nate rushed over and helped steady me, “You alright?”

I nodded, “I’m fine, I’m hungry but fine.”

Nate laughed and shook his head, my head pounded causing me to groan. “I’ll bet.”

I narrowed my eyes but didn’t argue, I didn’t have the energy. Something didn’t feel right, my body was too tired. “What happened last night?”

“What do you remember?” Nate asked his eyes guarded as his voice took on a serious tone.

“I remember Chelsea was mad at me and Violet telling me that I needed to drink.” I loosely recalled, “Greg was handing out drinks and I took one.But I only had one, I shouldn’t feel this way from one drink, right?”

“Is that all you remember?”

“Yeah.” I nodded and then looked around, “How did I get home? Why am I still in my clothes from yesterday?”

“Listen Em,” Nate bit his lip and he had his hand behind his head as he roughed up his hair nervously. “Some shit went down at the party. Pax and I brought you home.”

“You guys were at the party?” I asked surprised, “I told Pax that I didn’t need to be babysat!” I balled my hands into fist.

“Hey, Hey now.” He squeezed my shoulders to keep me from moving. I was pissed, I told him not to come, that I didn’t need his help. “Em, he saved you. Cut the guy some slack alright.”

I gulped as my eyes filled with tears, it was like my body knew what happened but I wasn’t caught up yet. “W-what do you mean he saved me.”

“Apparently the guys drug the girls at parties and take advantage of them.” Nate’s eyes flashed angrily.

“You mean-.” I asked unsure.

“Yeah.” He held my eyes and I nodded.