Twenty-Seven

Casey

"Nate, I'm going to pick Jack up from the airport." I said when he had returned from the bathroom, I was sitting on his bed, legs crossed.

"Do you want me to tag along?" He asked as he looked for an outfit to wear. "No, it's fine, I think it's better if I go by myself." I assured him and left his house.

-

"Jack!" I yelled his name when I saw him searching for me. He turned his head my direction and immediately smiled widely. As soon as we were standing in front of each other, I hugged him tightly. "I missed you so fucking much," Jack mumbled into my ear. "I missed you too," I responded, letting go of Jack.

"Let's go, butthole." I poked his stomach and walked towards the parking lot, where I had parked my car. When we got in, I didn't hesitate to turn on the radio, since I didn't want an awkward silence between us.

"I hope we can spend some time together, alone." Jack spoke up, looking ahead of him as I was focusing on the road. "What do you mean?" I played dumb, keeping a smile on my face. "I want to spend time with you, without that Nate kid." Jack made himself clear, I just nodded as response.

"Grandma, we're home!" I yelled throughout the house when we arrived. Jack left his bags next to the staircase as we went to look for my grandmother. Of course, we had found her in the kitchen, preparing dinner probably.

"Oh hi, Jack! Long time no see." My grandma greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. "You're even cuter than before!" She continued, making Jack chuckle.

"Anyway, why don't you go settle yourself down in the guest room, while Casey's going to set the table." Grandma suggested, so we both agreed and I started on setting the table. "Are we inviting Nate over?" She asked when Jack disappeared upstairs.

"I don't know, Jack doesn't like him, I don't want to ruin his mood by inviting Nate over." I explained, placing some plates around the table. My grandma shrugged and walked back into the kitchen to continue preparing dinner.

When I finished setting the table, I went to see where Jack was since he was taking quite long.

"Yes, mom."

"I'll ask her later, we're gonna have dinner first. I need to time it perfectly."

"Okay, bye, I love you."

I didn't meant to eavesdrop, but the conversation did sound interesting. I knocked on his door as he looked up from his phone. He was sitting on his bed, shirtless and frustrated.

"What's up, boo?" I asked, seating myself next to him. I placed my hand on his knee, which made him look up at me. He sighed and shook his head, returning his eyes to his locked phone. "Nothing, don't worry about it babe." Jack assured me, but I knew something was up.

He didn't seem happy lately, it just didn't feel right. I knew that if something was bothering Jack, he would never tell anyone, because he doesn't want anyone to worry about him. He was the type of person to help others, but not help himself.

"Jack, if anything's wrong, just tell me." I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Jack just kept his head down, thinking about god knows what.

"Children, food's ready!" I heard my grandmother yell from downstairs, I told her we were coming and stood up as I reached out my hand for Jack to take. We interlaced our fingers and walked downstairs like that as well.

"The food's delicious," Jack spoke up, complimenting my grandmother. I can tell the smile on his face was a fake one, because his eyes weren't smiling along.

I needed to know what the fuck was going on with my Jack, because he sure changed since I moved.

{what do you guys think is going on with jack? it seems like he's in some kind of depression, idk.}

favourite song atm: cliché - christina grimmie