Seventeen

Casey

"Casey, talk to me," My grandmother tried to get me to speak, but I just silently ate my bowl of cereal. I wasn't really eating, I was just stirring it with my spoon as I looked ahead, locking my eyes on the window. I heard my grandmother sigh and walk back to the kitchen. I felt guilty, but I just didn't want to speak. I didn't want to see anyone, yet I'm forced to go back to school.

I wish my mother was still here, she would've helped me from all this misery. She would've given me advice and notice if there was something wrong. I missed her so damn much. Sometimes it seems so unreal she isn't here anymore, I expect her to come downstairs any second, greeting me with a kiss on my forehead.

Without saying another word, I grabbed my backpack and left the house in silence. As I walked past Jack's house, I saw Jack and Lily in his car, ready to leave as well. I quickened my pace and walked faster, crossing the street so I didn't have to face them. I couldn't make eye contact with Jack, Lily would ruin my life. Like she hasn't already.

"Yo, there's your fuckbuddy!" I heard someone yell when I walked past Sam's group of friends in front of the school building. I couldn't exactly read Sam's expression, it was undefinable. Shaking my head, I walked further and headed straight to my first class; math, like my day wasn't bad enough.

"Why so early, miss Wilson?" I was surprised Mr. Fray was already in the classroom. I just shrugged and picked out a seat in the back. I always felt awkward when I'm in a room alone with a teacher, so I took out my notebook and started drawing something. Soon enough, the bell rung and the room started to fill with students.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I saw a hand pointing at the seat next to me. I recognised the voice, so I looked up only to see Jack's face. I shook my head, not being able to say 'no'. I was afraid Lily might catch us talking so I kept my focus on the teacher. Lily seated herself somewhere in the middle of the classroom, but still in my view.

"Casey," Jack called my name, but I kept ignoring him. "Casey, you can't act like there's nothing wrong." He tried again, this time I just stared at him emotionless. He stared back, but rather worried. "We can't talk." I simply said, trying to keep it short. "Why not?" Jack asked, furrowing his thick eyebrows. I didn't give him an answer, instead, I changed seats with a boy who was willing to do so.

Just when the second bell rang, Sam walked through the door, out of breath. He made it on time. I somehow wished he wouldn't even come to school today, just to save the awkwardness. He made his way towards me, seating himself in the seat in front of me. Not even five minutes later, Sam placed a small note on my table. Unfolding it, I tried to read his messy handwriting.

"We need to talk, I'm so sorry."

I chuckled at the note and grabbed my pen, writing back "No, thanks."

It's funny how Sam thinks he can always just apologise and expects me to forgive him just like that. What he did to me that horrible day is unforgivable. He made me believe him, trust him, but he just trapped me into one of Lily's sick plan. As soon as Sammy read my response, he turned around and just stared deeply into my soul.

"What?!" I bursted out, not being able to take it anymore. The teacher stopped her explanation and just stood there with a stern look on her face. "Casey if you feel the need to yell during my class, you can yell to the principal if you'd like." The teacher snapped, the rest of the class had their eyes on me. "It wasn't her fault, miss. Sam was bothering her." I heard Jack's raspy voice speak up, my first reaction was to look towards Lily who shook her head at me.

Great, I'm fucked.

-

"Casey Wilson, you are going to listen to me young lady." This was the first time I've heard my grandma yell at me. "I am sick and tired of you acting so careless about everything, when I'm clearly aware about the fact you're keeping things inside of you." My grandma said in frustration, actually speaking the truth. "You're on the verge of exploding, I can tell." She continued as she filled a glass with water.

"It's just school that's stressing me out, nonna. Nothing's the same without my mom." I explained, partly lying. Lily was the one who made everything worse.

I was able to escape my grandmother's rant and just locked myself in my bedroom. Just when I wanted to lay in my bed and cover myself with the blankets, I received a mysterious text message that caught me off guard.

"Watch out, you little slut. xxx"

{oooh, who could that be? sammy or lily? maybe it's jack? what do you guys think? please leave your ideas in the comments below. also vote!}