Twenty-Six

Casey

"You're adorable," I told Nate who was holding me firmly against his chest. "No, I'm fucking sexy," Nate corrected me, I knew he hated being called adorable, but hey, I'm gonna call him that anyways.

"You know who's adorable and sexy?" Nate asked as he looked down on me. "Tell me," I told him and kept my eyes locked with his. Nate licked his lips, making me giggle nervously, but like always our moment had to be ruined by my phone going off. I slid it out of my pocket and took a look at the caller ID. It was a facetime call from Jack.

Fucking shit.

I told Nate to stay still and silent as I accepted the call. Jack's face appeared onto the screen, making my heart skip a beat.

"Hi princess," Jack started off the conversation as I saw Nate furrow his eyebrows. "Hey Jack, what's up," I forced a smile, hoping he wouldn't notice Nate. "I'm bored without you," Jack whined, like he always did when I called him. "Aw boo," I responded, feeling a wall of awkwardness building between Jack and I. This never happened until now.

"Wait, who's there with you?" Jack suddenly asked. How could he know? "What do you mean?" I asked, giggling nervously. "I saw someone's shoulder and you keep looking at something or someone," Jack said, sounding like a stalker. Nate's shoulder was indeed visible and I knew I couldn't lie about it being a girl, it was obviously a man's shoulder.

"Casey, do you have to tell me something?" Jack asked, his expression becoming serious and I could see his perfectly structured jaw tense up. "No, why?" I tried to play it innocent. "Casey," Jack rose his voice.

"Okay, I'm with my new friend, Nate." I pointed the camera towards Nate, who just awkwardly waved at Jack. "Casey, what the fuck? You're in bed with a boy you barely know?" Jack started to get really mad. "He's not just a random boy, he's one of my only and good friends here." I explained calmly, but one more comment and I would get pissed as hell.

"We're not even doing anything, we're just hanging out." I continued, Jack staying quiet for a second. "Anyway, I called you because I'm gonna visit you soon, I booked a ticket for tomorrow afternoon." Jack said, sighing afterwards. I had no idea why he was upset about me making a new friend. Was I supposed to be friendless forever?

I finished the facetime call and sighed as I laid my head down onto Nate's pillow. "Did you forgot to mention Jack's your boyfriend or something?" Nate asked as he drew figures on my stomach with his finger.

"No, he's just overprotective for nothing actually," I explained, confusing myself. Jack never told me why he was so overprotective about me hanging out with guys.

Nate

Shit, I want Casey. It's confirmed, I want her, I need her and I will get her. She's so mature for her age and she's the most stubborn yet innocent little baby I've ever met in my entire life. When she falls asleep, she just rolls herself up in a ball and her breathing will become so heavy, it's the cutest thing ever.

"Casey," I stroked her hair, running my fingers through them. "Casey, wake up, it's getting late." I shook her body as she opened her eyes, her expression showing off annoyance. "Nate can't I just stay here?" Casey asked as she turned her body the other way. "Your grandmother doesn't trust me enough to let you sleep in a house alone, with me." I explained, but Casey's eyes were closed already.

Laughing, I picked her up like a baby and tried to walk out of the house safely. As I rung the bell, her grandmother opened the door with sleepy eyes. "I'm sorry if I woke you up, miss, but Casey fell asleep in my bed so do you mind if I tuck her into her bed?" I asked as the lady nodded and stepped aside so I could walk in.

As soon as I had put her in her bed, she cuddled with her blankets and returned into the 'ball' position she always sleeps in.

"Goodnight," I mumbled and kissed her forehead.

{this was sort of a filler chapter, but yeah, comment & vote.}

favorite song atm: jason derulo - want to want me