Chapter 14

Ringo had been worriedly looking over his friend.

Paul had been very on edge the past hour or so.

He was sitting on the big comfy armchair holding his boyfriend close.

John had fainted. He had completely lost his consciousness in a matter of seconds.

Paul had panicked, obviously. John had seemed fine. Who knew why he had fainted so suddenly?

Thank God he had come back to his senses shortly after and was now huddled on Paul's lap.

"Thank God you're fine"

John moved his tired eyes over Paul's face that was looming over his.

The older boy looked very tired. His black hair, usually perfectly combed through, looked ruffled. His eyes were big and shone with concern.

John was feeling so guilty. It wasn't fair for Paul to feel so concerned over him.

He was an adult, he could take care of himself.

'Oh, who are you kidding, you big cry baby' whispered a nasty voice in the back of his head and John's eyes screwed shut.

He knew it. He knew he was just an overgrown baby.

He couldn't take care of himself. How could he think Paul would be happy with him when he needed so much help over everything.

Before his mind could turn even more angsty, a pair of lips had attached to his.

Paul was kissing him. Even after everything, he was still kissing him.

John feebly protested, but ended up melting into the kiss with a sigh.

When they pulled away, Paul was still looking at him with concern, but his eyes were soft with love.

"Darling, do you feel better?" he whispered. The auburn haired boy had to nod.

He didn't trust his voice to work without betraying him. He could feel a growing lump in his throat.

With a chocked noise, he turned around, burying his face in Paul's chest, body tucking on itself even tighter.

Paul looked up at Ringo and George, who were watching him concerned.

"Johnny" he whispered slowly and calmly, rubbing his back soothingly, "C'mon, we can go to mine, if you want"

But he wasn't surprised when John just shook his head, burying his face further into his chest, "I want to go home, Paul. I want to go home" he cried out a little.

Paul could only nod at the request; tightly gripping him under the knees and around the shoulders, he hoisted him high in his arms.

What worried him the most, though, was his lack of reaction at the sudden movement.

He worriedly glanced down, seeing John curled up with his eyes still tightly closed, tears dampening his lashes and hands fisted and shaky wrapped around his shirt.

As he walked to the door, George quickly hurried to open it for him, as his arms were quite full.

"Goodnight, Paul. Take care of him" whispered George with a concerned glance to the limp boy in the other's arms.

"I will Geo. Goodnight. Goodnight to you too, Ringo" nodded Paul to the two, quickly starting walking so John wouldn't get any cold.

The walk back to Mendips had been difficult.

John wasn't cooperative, completely limp into Paul's arms.

He was coherent, which was a pro. Last thing Paul wanted was for him to go completely catatonic.