Chapter 13

John had been really clingy. To the point of whining and giving Paul sad puppy eyes if Paul stopped hugging him even to go to the bathroom.

It was weird for Paul to walk to the restroom with John in his arms, and him waiting next to the sink for him to finish doing his business.

It was weird, but not really awkward. In his opinion, someone needed a lot of trust to do that with someone else.

And Paul trusted John very much.

"C'mon, Johnny, get your coat. We're gonna get some hot chocolate, what do you think?" had asked Paul that afternoon.

They hadn't moved from home all day, having slept in late that morning and John still looking troubled -Paul didn't want him to have a breakdown again- so he had cuddled him all morning.

At lunch, he had prepared some soup, something easy and light.

At hearing the words hot chocolate, though, John's eyes had lit up. He had started cheering happily, eyes wide.

Paul was happy to have made John smile, especially after the pain and panic he had endured that night.

So now they were walking towards a café together.

The atmosphere around them was joyous, it looked like Christmas had arrived already.

Kids were running around all dressed in heavy clothes, playing in the small square together.

A huge Christmas tree stood proud in the middle, all lit up and decorated.

As they entered the small coffee shop holding hands, they were hit by the strong smell of coffee and chocolate.

Paul smiled at John, seeing the excitement in his eyes.

They sat quietly together, smiling at each other, their joined hands on top of the table, when the waiter got closer.

"Hi, Ringo" smiled Paul.

Richard, mostly known by his friends as Ringo, was a close friend of Paul.

He was the boyfriend of Paul's childhood best friend, George, and the three had been quite close, even if Paul had always felt like the third wheel to the two lovers.

Ringo's eyes posed over their hands, before going up to John's face.

Paul, feeling John's hand starting to tremble a little, smiled at his friend, "This is John...he's my boyfriend" he said proudly.

He could sense a smile blooming on John's lips at what he said and his smile got even bigger.

Knowing he was the cause of those big beautiful smiles was a proudness.

"Nice to know you, John!" said Ringo happily, giving a smile to the other one. John looked up, shyly smiling at him, before looking down again.

"What can I get you guys?"

"A normal hot chocolate with some whipped cream, thank you" said Paul smiling. Ringo wrote down the order, before turning to look at John.

"A... can I get..." he stuttered out, face growing red as he felt eyes looking at him.

Paul smiled encouragingly, drawing circles on the back of his hand with his thumb.

John took a breath, "Can I get a cinnamon flavoured chocolate with some whipped cream too, please?"

Ringo nodded, "I'll be right back with your chocolates!" he quipped with a goofy smile, before walking away.

The two lovers talked for a while, until Ringo brought their chocolates and sat down with them to chat.