Chapter 6

Paul had scooted back, looking at John wide eyed.

John was still in the exact same position he was before, the tips of his fingers pressed against his lips.

A stunned expression on his face.

Suddenly, his head snapped up, eyes boring holes into Paul's head as he stared at him deeply.

"J...John, I'm sorry... I don't know what-"

But John only smiled, softly scooting closer.

Paul's eyes were wide in bewilderment as John climbed onto his lap, softly nuzzling his head on his chest.

"Thank you" he whispered, voice muffled by the shirt, "Thank you so much"

Paul's heart was loudly beating into his chest, so hard he was sure John could hear it too.

A smile grew on his face.

He hadn't done it wrong. John seemed happy. He hadn't done it wrong.

John looked up, a big smile decorating his face and soft dimples in his cheeks.

"I dreamt that for so long" he whispered with dreamy eyes and Paul smiled.

"Can I...?" he asked softly and John nodded enthusiastically.

Paul leaned over a little, pressing his lips against the other boy's ones.

John's breath hitched a little, eyes closing softly as he let the older man kiss him.

Once their kiss broke, they rested their foreheads together.

"Paul, I have loved you since the first time I saw you. I dreamt about kissing you for so long...oh god, I think I'm gonna cry"

John's eyes had gotten teary and Paul quickly acted on it, "Oh, John love, I always thought about how sweet you are. I didn't know if you wanted a relationship with me or...or I don't know" Paul knew he was rambling, but was quickly silenced by John's lips, "Oh, Paul, yes. I want to be in a relationship with you so much"

Reassured, and knowing that John was speaking in a very lucid moment, Paul leaned down, kissing him one more time, before hugging him softly, muttering I love yous to his lips, making John feel like the luckiest man on earth.

A few days had passed after the confession and both men were enthusiastic.

Paul, but also Brian and Mimi, had noticed a deep improvement of John's reaction issues.

The few times he was catatonic at home, in the serious states he used to get, Mimi only had to hold him and probably carry him around a little, reassuring that she and Paul loved him, to help ease his mind.

Of course, John still had some intense catatonic spells and sometimes he couldn't express his emotions in a good way, often bursting in tears, but it was improving nevertheless.

"Paul, I'm so sorry to disturb you at such an hour, but it's John"

When Paul had gotten that call, one late evening, he knew something was wrong.

Mimi had never called him at 9 in the night,
She never also sounded so concerned.

Paul was instantly more aware of the urgent tone in her voice.

"Mimi, what's wrong?" he asked uncertainty, already pacing around the house.

"Paul, I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't urgent, but John is having a real hard time managing stress and anxiety and I don't know what to do. I've tried everything to calm him down, but nothing is working-"