CHAPTER 15

Avery

He stares me in the eye, walks me away from the wall, and softly pushes me onto the edge of my bed. Looking me in the eyes, he slowly lays down on top of me, spreading my legs, as he rubs his hand up my right arm.

The feel of him sends a shiver up my spine, causing my legs to shake as he places his body between my open legs.

His jaw clenches as he leans in, placing his lips back to mine. When his body presses against mine, we both moan into each other's mouths. Then with shaky hands, he reaches under my skirt and grips my thong in his hand. "I want you so bad," he whispers.

"Shit! Oh my God!"

I sit up in Caleb's bed and throw my hands over my sweaty face. My heart is beating like crazy at the memory of Jace that night.

"Not good. Not good," I whisper, out of breath.

It's the middle of the night, so I'm surprised when I hear Caleb talking to someone.

Pulling my hair out of my face, I creep over to the door and quietly try to listen.

The other voice is coming from a man. One that sounds angry as well. It's almost scary, but I press my face to the door to listen anyway.

"I told you you have one week. One fucking week," the other man growls. "I'm tired of waiting."

"And I will have it in two days." Caleb pauses for a moment and I lean further into the door, not wanting to miss this. "I ran into a little difficultly, that is slowing me down, but it will be taken care of soon. Trust me."

It's silent for a moment before the other voice speaks. When he does, it sends chills down my spine.

"It better be. I'll be back in two days. Two days," he hisses. "If your little problem isn't taken care of, then I will take care of it myself. Give me what I want or else."

I press my body against the door and wait for what sounds like the front door opening and then closing. Then I shake off the chill of the conversation and pull the door open, letting myself out.

As much as I don't want to see Caleb, I have to pee like crazy. I'm not even about to try to hold this one.

Caleb is pacing the kitchen as I step out and carefully shut the door behind me. I try my best to creep down the hall unnoticed, but am unsuccessful.

Caleb's voice stops me dead in my tracks.

"Avery."

I turn on my heels, but keep my head down toward the hardwood flooring. I can't bear to look Caleb in the eye at the moment.

Truthfully, I almost feel scared. Scared of what Caleb will do if he knows I overheard his conversation. "I'm just using the bathroom, Caleb."

The room is silent as I wait for Caleb to respond.

"Look. Whatever it is that you heard-"

"I didn't hear anything. I don't know what you're talking about." I run my hand through my hair and yawn. "I just woke up because I have to use the bathroom."

Without another word, I take off down the hall and close myself inside the bathroom. I can't help but to wonder now if Caleb is dangerous. That conversation was creepy as fuck.

After using the bathroom, I wait for a few minutes before leaving the bathroom in hopes Caleb will go to bed so I won't have to see him again for the night.

I have nothing to say to him. All I want is to make it through the night so I can wake up early and go looking for an apartment that I can get into sooner now. I can't wait another week.