CHAPTER EIGHTEEN || MISUNDERSTANDING

Previously...

Clay responds shortly with something that wasn't the most pleasuring thing to hear.
"George, I love you an I know you love me, too."

✶~~-∙•・✦✭~☆~✭✦・•∙-~~✶

TW: Strong Language, blood

I sigh softly and shut my eyes closed. This was normal, they flirt for their audience. It hasn't happened once or twice. It was a daily thing.
So why exactly did I feel so heartbroken?

They're friends! Of course they love eachother. They're friends for heaven's sake. Friends.
Do friends usually tell eachother they love them on a daily basis..?

"Friends." I mutter, softly under my breath.

I sit back up and try my best to listen to their conversations.

"George, you're so cute when you're angry," Clay chuckles.

"Dream shut up!" George screeches, loud enough for me to hear.

They must be recording their behind the scenes video.
S

ee? They were just fooling around! Nothing to worry about, everything's normal as it should be.

'What are you to Clay, Y/N? If he really loved you he would've expressed it. Yet all you've gotten so far is Clay flirting with George.'

'They're doing it for the audience.'

'Do they really have to go that far?'

'It's to entertain the viewers. It's all normal.'

'But have you ever heard Clay tell you that he loves you?'

'He shows his affection with his body and I know he loves me and I don't need to hear it to know it.'

'He doesn't even know how much trouble you're in, he doesn't know about Samantha. All he cares about is to be George's knight.'

'I chose not to tell him because I didn't want to worry him. That was my choice.'

'Clay only cares about George. He's probably just using you.'

'They're friends. He's not using me, he has no reason to.'

'Nick and Clay are also friends but you don't see him flirting with Nick as much as he does with George.'

I cover my ears and drop down on my knees, holding back the tears and cutting myself off from the voice.

.
.
.

And like that, a week passed by. I was suffocating with the continuous bothering of the voice.

I'd cried many times over the week, barely ate and never tried to see Clay.
He didn't really seem to mind or notice as he was busy with streaming and editing his new manhunt video.

My phone began vibrating on the floor just a few inches away from me.

Incoming call from Cade...

I picked it up, holding it close to my ear but not saying anything.

"Y/N, can we meet up sometime? I finnally found another apartment and it's been so long-" Cade paused, cutting his sentence.

"Where are you?" he asks.

"My house," I reply, with a hoarse voice.

"I'll be there in ten minutes, don't end the call." he grunts, I hear his footsteps from across the phone.