CHAPTER FIFTEEN || CONFESSION

Previously...

I clenched my fists and squeezed my eyes shut for her answer.

"Clay..."

✶~~-∙•・✦✭~☆~✭✦・•∙-~~✶

TW: Violence, blood, strong language

"Clay... I'm not... ready for any relationships.... you know what I mean?" she explained.
I could already feel my heart crack in disappointment.
Of course. Why would anyone like Y/N like me back? She's aromantic anyways.

"Yeah, just... forget about what I said. Nothing happen-" I started, feeling my eyes burn with the urge to cry.

"I'm not finished." she cut in.

I looked up. What else could she say?

"I did say I wasn't ready for a relationship... but that doesn't mean I don't like you back, Clay."
I lifted my head completely.
"I just... need some time. I've never been with anyone -- you're my first," she explained, fumbling around with her words.
My heart started beating like crazy again.
"I- you like me back..?" I stuttered.

She shot me a annoyed look, "Oh yeah I totally did not say I liked you back just now."
I engulfed her in a hug before she could say anything.
"I'm just really surprised someone like you likes me back," I mumbled, feeling her arms wrap around my back.

She just silently rubbed my back, and patting me gently before pulling away.

.
.
.

(Y/N POV)

When I pulled away, I heard Clay let out a disappointed whine. I giggled quietly, and turned around, trying to hide my blush.

I felt Clay's arms wrapping around me from behind.
I never saw him as the cuddly type, but I wasn't complaining.
"Hey, we're not dating yet," I reminded with a lighthearted giggle.
He pouted and took me in for another hug. I giggled while I tried to push him away.
His pouty face dropped, and he looked serious.
I dropped my smile.
"What- what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

He just stood there, narrowing his eyes. His expression was menacing as if he were to kill whoever he was looking at.
I followed his eyes to turn around and see a limping Jasper.
He had a strained yet angered expression.

Clay wordlessly stepped forward, keeping me behind him. Jasper took a step forward as well, holding his hands out in front of him. 
"Go run and I'll forget I saw you here today," Jasper threatened.
"I'm not scared of you, Jasper." Clay snarled, moving me away.
I refused to stand by and watch. I stepped forwards to interfere.
"Jasper. We both know why you're here." I scoffed, pulling up my arms and staring at Jasper.
"Well Y/N. I know I'm here to win." he snickered, rushing forward and swinging a punch at me.
I ducked, feeling the wind above whizz by.
"Y/N-" I could hear Clay shout my name. Jasper turned around to face me again and came with both arms punching at me this time.
I tripped while taking a step back. I collapsed on the road, struggling to get up. At that moment, Clay stepped in and swung a harsh punch at Jasper. It knocked him back and stunned him for a few seconds, giving Clay time to scoop me up and set me down on the steps of his house.
Jasper was tight behind, swinging his arm back for another punch. Clay turned around just in time to trip Jasper and send him plummeting to the ground.
I heard a door open and looked back. Caleb was staring, his eyes wide and cluded with fear.
Jasper must've noticed because he began laughing.
"Oh you guys already fucked? Let me beat up Y/N and I'll leave your kids be," Jasper threatened.
"Why the hell does everyone think Caleb's my son?" I scoffed, covering Caleb's ears and sending him back inside.
Then I got striked in the back by Jasper. He was holding open the door and trying to drag Caleb out.
"Leave Caleb alone," Clay snarled, dragging Jasper off of his brother. I took Caleb in my arms, ignoring the aching pain from my back where Jasper hit.
Caleb was already crying softly as I took out my phone to dial 911.
I cradled the sniffling boy in my arms, quietly informing the lady on the other side of the call.