22

Irene kept dialing Taehyung's number again and again but he did not pick up his phone.

" Taehyung please pick up the phone ! Where are you ?! ", Irene walked back and forth while keep on trying to reach Taehyung but after countless of times he still did not answer any of her calls.

She threw her phone on her bed and drop herself on the floor. Crying miserably. She was in a total mess after she received a call from her mother informing her that her grandmother was in a critical condition and now were admitted in the ICU.

" Jisoo is not answering her phone as well. ", Seulgi said, feeling stressed.

" How about this. Let me and Jimin send you to Daegu. ", Seulgi tried to comfort her roommate.

" Daegu is quite far away from here. I don't want to trouble you and Jimin. Plus, you got class to attend tomorrow. ", Irene said in between her sobs.

" Irene. It's okay. We can help you. The most important thing right now is your grandmother. It's 10 already and the last bus trip has taken off awhile ago so it's impossible for you to go to Daegu using the public transport. ", Seulgi tried to persuade Irene.

" Now go get changed. I'll call Jimin. ", Irene was hesitate at first but true enough, she cannot go back to Daegu tonight if she use the public transport. So, without wasting time, she quickly went to change into a proper outfit.

--

Taehyung is now sitting next to a bed where unconscious Jisoo was placed on.

' Her condition is getting worst and she's not doing very good lately. '

Taehyung could not stop replaying every single words that the doctor has said to him a while ago in his head.

" What's there that you hide from me, Kim Jisoo. ", he runs his finger through his hair out of frustration.

He fished out his phone from his pocket only to see that his phone was run out of battery.

He sighed.

He looked at the clock that was hang on the wall. It shows that it almost strike 12 in the midnight. He's been waiting in the ward room for almost two hours now and Jisoo is yet to gain her consciousness.

Taehyung went to the couch and laid his body there. He felt guilty if he leave Jisoo alone here and went back to the dorm. Since it's already late, he decided to stay and accompany her for the night.

--

After a few hours of driving, Irene, Seulgi and Jimin has finally arrived at the hospital where Irene's grandmother got admitted which is located in Daegu.

Thankfully the highway was clear and not busy since it was late at night so they managed to arrive there before the clock strike to 1 in the midnight.

Irene quickly ran to her parents once she saw them standing in front of the ICU room. Seulgi and Jimin follow her suit from behind.

" Eomma ! ", she cried while hugging her mother who was also crying.

" What happened to halmeoni ? How can she got admitted here ? Is she gonna be fine ? ", Irene bombarded her parenst with lots of question that has been bubbling inside her head ever since she received the news.

" Halmeoni is being handled by the specialist. Don't worry, honey. She is going to be fine. ", Irene's mom patted her daughter's back.

" Halmeoni ", she muttered as she went close to the room where her grandmother fighting for her life, palcing her palm on the door.

Seulgi went to comfort Irene, brushing her back softly. She bowed to Irene's parents as their eyes met.

After like few hours of waiting, a tall man who seems like a doctor walked out of the room with some papers in his hand.

" May I have a word with the patient's family ? ", He asked. Irene's parents got up from their seat and went to follow the doctor to his office, leaving Irene who has not yet stop crying while leaning on Seulgi's shoulder.

" Irene-ah. Don't worry. Everything will be fine. ", said Jimin who sat next to Seulgi.

" Eung. Don't worry. Halmeoni will get better soon. All we need to do is to pray for her fast recovery. Okay ? ", Seulgi added, caressing Irene's shoulder.

" I'm scared. I don't want to lose her, Seulgi-ah. ", Irene cried even more everytime she thinks that she might lose her grandmother that night.

" Don't say that, Irene-ah. You need to be strong. ", said Seulgi as she pulled Irene's weak body into her warm embrace.

--

The next morning, Jisoo blinked her eyes open. The first thing she saw was the white ceiling above her. With her blurry vision, she tried to examine the room she was currently in.

' Am I in the hospital? ', she thought to herself. She slowly got up from her laid position. Head still felt dizzy. Just then, her eyes landed on the person who was still sound asleep on the couch.

" Taehyung ? ", she uttered.

She carefully get off the bed and walked closer to the couch.

" Taehyung-ah. Kim Taehyung. ", she gently woke him up. Taehyung rubbed his eyes as he felt someone tapping his arms.

" Oh, Jisoo. You're awake. ", Taehyung got up and sat properly om the couch, giving some space for Jisoo to sit.

" How are you feeling? ", he asked.

" I'm fine. Just slightly dizzy. How did I end up in here? What happened to me last night? ", she asked, looking very clueless.

" You fainted last night. So,I brought you here. ", he answered.

" Jisoo. May I ask you something ? ", Taehyung looked at her deeply into her eyes. Jisoo felt uneasy.

" Is there something that you hide from me and the others? ", he asked.

" What do you mean ? ", Jisoo chuckled awkwardly.

" The doctor who attend you last night doesn't want to tell me what is actually happened to you. He didn't even let me see your medical report. Jisoo, tell me. What happened to you? ", bringing her small hands into his, gently caressing it.

A tears escape her eyes.

" If I tell you, can you promise me to always be by my side and love me forever? ", Jisoo tightened her hold on Taehyung's hands.

" I- ", just before he could say anything, Jisoo cutted him off.

" I have brain tumor. "