~{ 1 }~ ✓

____________________________________________________

It was quiet.

The all white room and green bugs were gone now. Yet, it was dark again. But this time, you were no longer floating.

You can feel your head swirling with a annoying pang and cloudiness. Eyes closed, you carefully inhale some air as if for first time doing so in a very long time. Your throat felt dry when breathing in through your lungs.

The first of your senses you experience was sound and smell. As you continue to breathe more air through your lungs, you can smell a faint roasted wood scent, as well as something sweet and floral.

You hear a faint deaf hum around you, a soft ticking of a wall clock, and crackles and pops of a fire near by.

Eyes still shut heavily, you try to feel the aura of where you were. Your body felt weak and frail. Yet, you could feel a faint urge of strength settled deep within your bones. As if you're body was just wanted to jump up and run around.

A slow shift of fabric was heard when weakly lifting your arm. You feel around with your hands, which neatly sat at your sides. You felt like you laying on some kind of firm, soft cloud.

Finally, you attempt to pry your eyes open. Your vison was blurry, as if you've never used a line of sight before. After a few blinks, you finally squint open your eye lids.

First you see a blank celling, with a small candle chandelier hanging from it. You then look around to what looks like a dimmly lit bedroom. An old fireplace being the only source of the room's light.

Looking down, you can see your in a soft bed with warm blankets covering your body. The blanket was tucked over your legs, all the way up to underneath your arms.

Even while slowly waking up, your body still feels thin like glass. Leaving you unable to move, let alone sit up. You begin to question your new surroundings.

What is this? Why am I here?

You were starting to feel fearful. What had happened to you? You still couldn't remember a single thing. Not one past memory of who you are!

You understood that you were sleeping, but...were you?

It was all a blurr...you can't remember. You want to feel frustrated. But you're so weak, you fear you may pass out at the slightest burst of any strong emotion.

As much as you want to fall into the arms of slumber once more, you first wanted to understand where you really are.

Are you safe?

...Had someone brought you here? If so, are they even safe to be around??

You think back to the only "memory" you actually have. That dream...That little girl...

'Who was that girl?' you thought.

You remember her mention someone she referred as 'Mommy.'

Who was Mommy? You thought perhaps it was the little girl's mother that she was referring to. But you couldn't be sure.

You shook out of your thoughts at the sound of footsteps. You look towards the end of the bed, leading up to a door over on the other side of the room.

You felt you heart skip as you blink at it. Wait... It was the Door. From your dream! It was the white framed, wooden door with a gold nob.

Is this where that little girl wanted me to be? Is this... Mom-?

The footsteps stopped from behind the door and the handle was being turned open. When it opened, your eyes widened at the sight of what looked like a strange woman.