in the dark...✓

____________________________________________________

Darkness. Floating in an utter black void. All you can see and feel. The weightless nothing. Your mind feels all but blank and hazey... Where Are You? Who Are You?... You can't recall. Your name...Your past...lost.

Your eyes feel like they are closed...but you still feel able to look around. Though you spot nothing. Everything is, as already established, pitch black. But yet. you spot something. Or more like... someone.

A figure of... a young girl? Confused, you blink, lightly shaking your head of your confusion. You stare back at the girl, with her standing with her back towards you. You watch as she slowly turns. Her icy blue eyes locking on your floating form.

"...he-hello?" you call softly out to her.

The girl blinks. She remained silent. The both of just staring at one another without a word. A brief eerie chill settles down your spine. It made you fidget with discomfort.

Who is this little girl?

In a blink of an eye, the girl suddenly vanishes. You look about startled, searching for where she went. Feeling a presence, you turn around to see her before you again, only inches from you now. It startled you at first, but you calmed after acknowledging her closeness to you.

She blinks up at you, with those bright blue eyes once more. You can now fully see some of her features.

She had long golden hair and was wearing a little white dress, draping over her knees. Skin looking pale, almost ghost-like. Her eyes seemed to gleam just at the sight of you.

The little girl continued to scan her eyes over you, studying your apprentice and facial features. Locking eyes with you, she gave you steady look.

You could sense some kind of longing from those blue orbs of hers. She almost seemed like a lost pup searching for her way back home. Yet, it also seemed like...she sort of knew you? Like she recognizes you.

From when or how? You haven't the slightest idea.

After a brief moment of her observing you, you look down to see her lifting her small hand. Gently slipping into yours. With this bold action, you feel no urger to resist. For whatever reason, you feel no threat from this child.

The moment your hand was in hers, you could almost say you both felt....connected.

She gives you a small smile. Then begins to slowly pull you with her. You feel your feet now touch the 'ground' the girl walked, and begin to wander into the darkness.

She leads you through the black atmosphere within a comfortable silence. You feel your lips softly curl up at the calmness you felt in her presence.

It felt like you were walking for a while until- you spot a whiteish speck ahead of you. Moving closer and closer to it, you both finally stop in front of what looks like...

...a door?

It was but only a plain door. With no wall connected to the back of it. Just a tall, white frame, boxing in a normal, wooden door with a golden nob.

You look at the door and then back to the little girl. She slighty smiles up at you and then gestures her hand towards the door. Understanding that she wants you to go through it, you nod and slowly walk up to the frame.

You stand by the handle, about to turn it when you stop. You turn back to the girl. She stands politely there, with her hands clasped together in front of her. She watches with the same small smile, but you sense a hint saddness behind it. You frown slightly.

"What is...your name?" you ask, facing her fully now.

You know nothing of this girl. Though you feel a connection, as if you knew her from before. You knew not her name or what bond you both might of had. If you even had one.

But something deep down felt that you both had met in another place. And created a this whisper of a connection. It was definitely an unspoken one, but it was there.

The girl blinked once and shook her head with a small frown. She points to the door again and looks at you with a now saddened look.

"Mommy..." she muttered to you softly, "You must go to Mommy....she is waiting for you now."

You look at her confused. Mommy? Who's Mommy? But before you could say anything, the door starts to open by itself. Pouring out white light lining the inside of the door frame.

You blink your eyes, raising your hand to sheild them from the bright light. You look back at the girl, which you notice is now beginning to fading away. Her body blurred with only faint color. But her face was clear to see, seeing her eyes peering at you.

She gestures her hand a final time for you to walk through the door.

"Go."

"Go to Mommy..." she smiles to you.

And without another word, she finally vanishes before you. Like dust being blown away by a summer breeze.

You are alone now.

With just you and this door.

You squint back at the beaming light. You feel you have no choice but to enter through. Hesitantly, you entering the white atmosphere, until you are fully submerged into a blank, white room.

You stand in the open space, looking back as the door gently closes. With the final 'click' of the hinge, you find yourself surrounded in almost blinding light. Spotting, once more, nothing in sight.

A sudden flash of green passes your vision. At the corner of your eye, more specks of green chitters about. You hear grouped fluttering form around you.

You start to feel funny... lighter even. You look down at your hands and arms. They start to dissolve into somthing.

Something...alive?!

Small, light green wings start to flutter off your limbs. They look like soft, green bugs...or moths?

You wave your arms frantically, trying to shake them off but to no avail. The moths suddenly burst from your body into swarms of thousands more green specs of the creatures. You try to scream but nothing seems to come out. You look up as the soft insects dissolve off your cheeks. Shadows of green wings flood your vision.

The white light of the room increasingly brightens all around you and then-!

...silence.

~🦋~

[[ aand there we go!! A little prologue of sorts? i promise the story is going to thicken in the next chapter. but i like how is going so far, i hope you like it. 🙃🥰

Lets see what happens to y/n next!! ]]