~{ 8 }~

The early morning light streamed through the window, beams lightly lying upon your pale skin. You don't remember when, but you slowly wake up, stretching over the windowsill's sitting ledge. You assume that you must have eventually passed out later in the night. The throw blanket from the sill was tucked close around you, while your head layed upon the many small throw pillows surrounding you. You turn your head towards the peering light from the window, faintly shielding your eyes with your hand.

You sit up from the ledge, legs dangling over, as you stretch you arms up over your head. As you felt a satisfied pop then crack from your back loosen, you relax your arms down to your sides with a soft sigh. You noticed even with the suns rays through the window, it was quite dim in the room. The hood from your hoodied dress was lazily placed over your forehead, but you didnt mind it. You actually pulled it closer around your head when feeling a chilly air flow through the room. You get up from the ledge fully now and wrap the throw blanket you just slept with around your shoulders. When walking over to the middle of the room, you realize now the cause of said chillness. The fireplace far over next to you had gone out, leaving only warm dieing embers at its hearth. You feel a cold shiver run up your spine, you pulling the blanket tigher around you.

Stars, its gotten cold! With small haste you move towards the door to leave the freezing room. Stepping out into the hall, it feels abit more warmer out in the halls as you close the door behind you. You look down either side of the quiet hall. Not a sound of anything living could be heard. I guess everyone is still asleep? It must have been early in the morning.

You decide on the idea to explore the castle a bit. Then you feel your tum begin to rumble, as you graze your hand over it. hm...a bit strange that is. You instantly start thinking about that 'beverage' from before that Lady Alcina gave you. The raw, irony taste of the crimson liquid started to sound very appetizing to you. You feel the inside of your mouth begin to water. You couldn't recall what exactly that red liquid even was. Deep down, you feel as if you should know exactly what it is or where it comes from even....but alas, you have no memories to help remind you. You're sure you'll learn more of it soon enough, as you start to feel that same 'hunger' sensation brewing again. I...I think I want to try more of it....

You blink your eyes, breaking yourself from your trance. You shook your head and then looked down each way of the hall. Choosing to go right you waltz swiftly down it till stopping quietly in front of three doors spaced along the halls wall. The Sisters Chambers. You did not want to deal with them right now. Especially not after what happened the day prier with the rude one, Cassandra. You frown, shaking your head. Talk about bad first impressions. Taking a calming breath, you step quietly past the Daughters chambers, in hopes to not to wake anyone up. Hopefully they actually are asleep. They'd probably hear you if they were, since they most definitely are not human....right?

After walking far away from the girl's rooms, you let out a breath of relief and resume to a relaxed stride. You take your time walking down the halls, through some lefts and rights, admiring the little things you hadn't noticed before. There were more paintings of noble men and women, large greenery and flowers in pots on tables and floors, and large white and gold vases throughout the halls. And the only sounds you hear is your own steps shuffling across the carpeted and marble floors. The aura of the castle felt comforting to you as you walked in awe of its beauty.  You drift on until your nose catches a delicious scent of something, stopping you in you tracks. The scent had hints of spices and grease, with light bits of something savory. You feel your stomach growl once more at the intriguing scent. You follow the aroma, arriving once more at the door to the dining room once again.

You enter, still following the scent, leading you across the room to another door that was opened slightly. Opening it up, you see a narrow walkway dip down slightly, briefly leading to another room. The smell got stronger as you now walked closer down the narrow hall. Your foot steps land on cobblestone floors of the room and you find yourself now in what looks like a Culinary room, or a large kitchen. You look around and see a few busy women in maids outfits cooking and preparing a delicious smelling meal. There are sounds of pots clanking, greasy foods sizzling, and a few women shouting for needed ingredients from all across the room. The heat of the large stoves made the room feel quite toasty. You really liked the warmth. Your eyes spin around in small wonder as you stood at the arched doorway, watching the busy maids work with much effort on the yummy smelling foods.  They must be cooking a breakfast meal. Yet so early in the morning? You wonder.