El Prologue

Jasin & Billie

El Prologue

            As I walked over to Jasin, I thought about what I’d been doing to him this whole time. I was too selfish to know when to stop, to know when enough was enough. He looked up at me, his dark blue eyes filled with love and trust.

            I watched as his mouth formed the words, “Hey, babe,” as I was starting to say, “Hey, what’s …” Before I could finish my question, though, he had my thoughts locked with a kiss.

            “You were saying?” he questioned after moving away from me.

            “Well, I was going to say what’s going on, but now I’m wondering what that was for,” I said happily, smiling softly.

            For explanation Jasin said, “Well, I have surprise for you for tonight.”

            “Oh, really?” I replied, showing slight interest. “What might that be?”

            Jasin smiled in sly fashion, “Gotta wait and see, I’ll be there to get you at 8:17pm.”

            I thought for a second, tapping my finger cutely on my chin. Then said, “Wait a minute, why 8:17pm, baby?”

            “Because, babe,” Jasin smiled, “that’s your favorite number in time.”

            “7:77?” I said, already knowing the answer.

            As we finish our conversation, we walk out of Curly Wave, a local burger joint where I live and where the whole story starts. Now all of you may have thought that the story had begun, but you’ve only heard the first sign of guilt. My name is Billie Kloosterman and this is my story of my lies and hidden love involved.

            The story of my twisted excuse for a life.