13 | Devil has come to Union [2]

"You sound like Mad Thomas, stop

"You sound like Mad Thomas, stop. You loving my sister did not bring the Devil to Union."

~~~

"Joanna, wake up. Something is wrong with father." Hannah taps on my shoulder. "What do you mean something is wrong?" I get up getting ready for the day fast. I walk into the room to see father zoned out whispering to himself. "Father?" I call out but he ignores me. "Mother went to the meeting house." Hannah lets me know. "Father." I step forward, making Hannah grab my arm. "We don't know what is wrong with him." She says quietly. "It's father," I say, getting my arm back walking over to him. "Father?" I look around to see his face. My guy started to tell me that something very serious was wrong with him. "The voice shall sing. Order's furnace beckons now. To be freed, to be released. The voice shall soon become." His head slowly turns to look at me then back to the window.

" His head slowly turns to look at me then back to the window

I backed away from father grabbing Hannah's arm. "That's not father. I have a terrible feeling something bad is going to happen." I look at her and she sighs. While she goes to tell Sarah, I leave the house not feeling safe. "Isaac." I rush over to him. "What is the matter?" He sees my worried face. "Something is wrong with my father. I have a feeling it's not him." I grab onto his arm. "What are you talking about?" He takes my hand. "I looked into his eyes and I got a terrible feeling. Isaac, something bad is going to happen." I look around nervously. "He probably just needs proper medicine, Anna." I don't pay attention to him anymore when I hear mad Thomas talking to others about Sarah and Hannah.

"Stop, he'll find a way to bring your name into it too." He stops me from marching up to him. "Joanna!" I hear mother yell my name marching up to us. "Mother." I sigh. "My daughter doesn't need a boy like you, she needs a man that can take care of her while she takes care of him." She drags me away from Isaac. "Mother, Isaac, and I are friends. You can't stop that." I tell her and she backhands me. "I can try. Your father is sick so you will listen to me." She lets me go, going to the house and I go over to Abigail. "I have a bad feeling about things." She says looking around. "I do too." We start to see people having trouble with things. "The dark one has come to harvest the bitter fruit of the evil we have sown. To feast on our misdeeds. And yet you all smile bulbs to the horrors around us. But you see it now, don't you? He blocks our well. Clogs it with our sin. He takes our water. He takes our lifeblood!" Thomas shouts to a group of people.