1 | You can't really fly

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

~~~

"Hey, you got my back for tonight, right?" Sam walks up to her sister's locker. "Don't I always?" Elizabeth looks at her as she closes her locker shut. "Yeah, but." Sam was cut off by Deena coming up to her. "So tonight." She smiles at her. "All set. Liz has my back." Elizabeth nods her head then heads off to class. "So, what are we doing tonight since Denna will ditch us for Sam?" Kate starts to walk beside her. "I was thinking we just let loose and see where the night takes us." Simon joins them. "How about no. Plus, I told my mom I was just hanging out with the girls tonight. She doesn't really care for you. Actually, she doesn't care for any of you three." Liz says as they keep walking to class. "Your mom is a bitch." Simon says, making her laugh. "She is. At the moment at home, things are getting bad between her and dad." Liz agrees and goes on.

"I'm guessing he can't put up with her anymore?" Kate laughs as they go into the classroom. "I don't blame him. I try so hard not to snap at her." Liz takes her seat. "But you have... last Sunday night, remember," Simon tells her as he takes his seat behind her. "I said I will try. I didn't say that I don't." She corrected him. "What were you two doing last Sunday? At night?" Kate smirks at the two. "He showed up at my window, at midnight. Asking me to paint his nails because he wanted them done," Liz says, making Kate groan because all she wanted was for Liz and Simon to get together. "Speaking of nails, you need to redo them soon because they're starting to look bad." Simon puts one of his hands out to Liz so she could see. "Maybe stopped biting your nails the polish it would be okay." She smacks his hand so he will pull it away.

While in class, Liz was paying attention to the teacher. Kate was zoned out looking out the window, and Simon was writing little notes, throwing them on Liz's desk. "Stop." She whispers, turning her head to the side some. Of course, this doesn't stop him from throwing more on her desk. Liz gets annoyed and finally opens one up to see it said, Hi, with a smiley face. She shakes her head, ripping out a page, and writes him back, tossing it behind her. Simon smiles, opening the wad of paper to see her write hi back with a smiley face. For no reason whatsoever, Simon reaches for Liz's hair to play with it. Elizabeth chooses to ignore him while she does the work for class. Kate finally looks away from the window over to her friends. She also pulls out a sheet of paper to pass Simon a note.

The note hits him in the head then falls on his desk. He gives her a what look before opening the ball. Stop being a pussy and tell her you like her. Simon looks over at Kate shaking his head, then writes back. I don't like her like that. Kate gives him a look, Yes, you do. Stop lying to me. I can tell because of how you look at her. She throws the paperback at him. He reads it then throws it towards the trash but misses. "Mr. Kalivoda, stop throwing trash around." The teacher picks it up putting it in the trash can. Once class was over Kate and Simon keep nudging each other talking with looks and noises. "What are you two doing?" Elizabeth turns to face them. "Huh?" Simon stops. "What am I missing?" She asks, confused. "Yeah, Simon here won't ad-," He cuts Kate off by covering her mouth and walking her away. "It's not important. See you later." He leaves with Kate.