Returning to Portorosso

Luca POV

Summer break was finally here! I couldn't wait to go back to Portorosso. I'd missed Alberto so much! I couldn't wait to go back there and see him, even if it means I have to deal with the cat. 

"Come on Giulia!" I said, running to the train station, she was far behind me, trying to catch up. After an entire school year as a human, I had gotten pretty good on my legs. I'd gotten lots of letters from Alberto, and sent about double the amount. He was enjoying spending the time with Massimo, and had even gotten a job as a lifeguard. He was really good at his job, being a sea monster and all.

"Luca! Slow down!" Giulia called from behind me, laughing.

"No. You hurry up!" I called back to her as the platform came into view. I sped up. Jumping on to the platform and asking how long until the train to Portorosso arrived. The nice lady behind the desk said that it wouldn't be here for another 15 minutes.  I tensed a little at that, the sky was already darkening, and people had crowded under the protected area of the platform. Nobody in Genova knew what I really was, that couldn't change now. In a small town like Portorosso, I didn't have to worry about getting wet, almost everyone there accepted me, except Ercole of course. But nobody here knew what I was, except Giulia and her mom. I heard panting and I turned to see Giulia leaned over, hands on her knees, breathing hard. 

"Santo cielo, you are fast!"

"Sorry, I'm just really excited." I looked up toward the Darkening clouds

"Uh oh, Come on, lets try to squeeze into the crowd." she grabbed my hand and dragged me toward the crowd about fifteen feet away as a raindrop hit my arm. I yelped and dried my arm off on my shirt and we hurried under the protection of the roof of the platform as it began to rain. We ended up wedged between a family with a baby and a grumpy old lady. This would be a long 15 minutes. Then a voice crackled through a speaker that the train would be arriving early, and I sighed in relief. Hopefully we could leave before the rain got bad. About five minutes later, the train pulled up and we boarded, I sat down and looked out the window, watching the raindrops hit the window, smiling to myself thinking about seeing Alberto again. The closer I got to seeing him, the more strange feelings built up inside me. After about three minutes, the train lurched into motion. It was an eight hour train ride back to Portorosso, and after a few minutes, I drifted into sleep.