↪Chapter 12↪

Your left eyebrow irked in annoyance.

With a huff,

You turned to the Golden Guard who was behind you.

"Seriously?" You asked,placing a hand on your hip.

"Uh–" The Golden Guard was cut off by a crash beside the both of you.

Turns out,it was Eda trying to destroy one of the shiny golden pillars in the castle with her eyes sparkling.

"It's so,shiny!Must…bring it..to...my nest!" Eda grunted,using glyphs to try and bring the pillar down.

"Eda stop!" Luz cried out and attempted to tale the glyph away from Eda's hands.

"I agree with Luz! You cannot take this pillar down or else the room might collapse!" Lilith immediately grabbed ahold of Eda's waist and tried to pull her away with all her might.

"A-aren't you going to…" The golden guard trailed off, gesturing towards the cracked pillar and the owl house family.

"Nope." You plainly replied and plopped onto the floating cloud you summoned.

As you watched the commotion with amusement,you noticed the golden guard kept staring at the cloud you were on.

Your eyes darted between the ruckus to the golden guard repeatedly.

You groaned and moved over,keeping your eyes on the ruckus.

"R-really!?" You heard the golden guard excitedly say.

"Hurry up before I change my mind." You huffed.

Immediately, the golden guard leaped towards the cloud and landed right beside you.

You stared at the golden guard using your peripheral vision as he touched and fidgeted with the cloud he scooped up in his hand.

"Do you have a name?" You suddenly asked,making the golden guard stop what he was doing and snap his head at your direction.

"What?" He asked,tilting his head to the side.

"Do you have a name?" You repeated,lifting the corners of your lips in an amused manner, "or do I just keep calling you 'Golden Guard'?"

The golden guard paused for a moment before shaking his head.

"H..n..er" He shyly mumbled.

"Sorry,what?" You asked,staring at him with big doe eyes.

"M-My name is Hun-Hunter." The golden guard stammered and looked away.

Your eyes brightened as you squealed,tackling Hunter into a hug.

"Your name is so cutee~" You laughed happily.

Hunter awkwardly wrapped his arms around you as he hugged back,clearly not used to one.

"Ehem."