Hero or Monster

Sally found herself in a strange place, an ancient land with rolling hills of green and crystal clear river.

It was a beautiful day, Sally was dripping her feet in the river. She was not alone, men and women dressed in chitons, enjoying the river as well. Fishing, doing laundry or dipping the feet in.

The sky became red. Arrows fell and killed several of the river people. Being dressed in animal pelt and skulls came over the horizon howling for blood.

These barbarians began destroying everything in sight. The women and children were thrown into cages, and the men were killed without hesitation.

Those who ran had arrows shot into their backs.

When the barbarians spotted Sally she ran as fast she could, everything was red now, and fire spread. The river turned blood red.

The barbarians surrounded her, one lifts his crude ax ready to bring it down on her. But a sword pierced him from behind. The rest of the barbarians turn to face their enemy.

A lone man wearing red and gold armor stood unmoving waiting for them to attack. His amber eyes filled with rage.

Sally watched as the warrior effortlessly sliced apart the barbarians. His brutality surpassed theirs by a wide margin. Blood flew across the air and land on Sally turning her Chiron red.

His armor was stained with blood. Surround by fire, blood, and corpses, Sally was like she was in the middle of a war movie. The warrior walks toward Sally, crushing the head of a fallen barbarian with his foot.

The blood-spattered warrior looms over her. Sally felt completely overwhelmed by his presence, not knowing what this man was going to do next.

"Wake up." He said.

"Huh?"

"Wake up."

Sally's eye fluttered open. She looked around finding that she was still in the abandoned cabin where the satyrs attack her.

"How are you feeling?" Carson asked. Sally's mind was in a blank. He was so close, too close. Pushing herself up Sally felt something slip off her, Carson jacket and found herself naked.

Sally covered herself and scream. "Kyaaaa!"

Carson let out an annoyed sigh, "Calm down,"

"I'm naked!" Sally cried. Carson moved and Sally saw he not wearing a shirt. She got a good view of his godlike muscles.

"Why am I naked? Where is your shirt? What is going on?" Sally rambled on.

"You were drenched in rain and I administer skin-to-skin contact to prevent hypothermia."

Skin to skin? Sally's face became bright red. Carson stood up and threw his shirt on her.

"Get dressed, the rain has cleared up." He said putting on his jacket.

Sally put on his shirt which was four times her size. She tries to stand but a throbbing pain shot up her leg and brought her back down.

"My leg," Sally felt it pulsing. Carson groaned and took off his jacket. He knelt and said, "Hop on,".

Sally climb on, Carson threw his jacket over them and grabbed her thighs to keep her in place.

"Your back," Sally said.

He knew she would see his scars. "Just an old war wound."

Line Break.

"Mommy!"