Side Story: Death of the Sun

Delphi, Patron City of Apollo.

Delphi was not just one of the most beautiful cities, it was the wealthiest city in Greece. It was unreal by even the standards of the Gods.

Streets paved with gold, people walking around wearing clothes made of the finest materials. Chinese silk, Egyptian cotton, and exotic animals pelts from all over the world.

It was always sunny in Delphi, each day was a beautiful summer day.

Golden statue of Apollo we're everywhere. Offering we're left at every statue. Almost statues of his beloved sister and mother, Artemis and Leto, were scattered across the city as well.

The City gains its wealth from multiple sources.

Priceless paintings, pottery, jewelry, and statues were made there. Traders and merchants came from all over to gain these valuable items.

The medical treatment was unparalleled, even those on death doorstep had the highest survival rate than anywhere. The Spa treatment was to die for. The average life of the mortals was about one hundred years.

The Grand Priest of Apollo had served his position for over a hundred and nine years.

There was a saying in Delphi 'Even the poorest man in all of Delphi was one of the richest in all of Greece.'

What the famous feature in Delphi was the Oracle, a young maiden who could foresee the future!

People from all over made their way to Delphi to know their future. Even people from foreign lands would travel to meet the Oracle. Even some of the wealthiest kings and queens had to make appointments years in advance just to see the Oracle. One

But today the Oracle was troubled, she could no longer see in the future.

The young maiden was kneeling praying before fifty foot tall, golden statue of Apollo, Patron God of Delphi, and the God of Prophecy.

"Still nothing my child?" The Oracle looks over her shoulder and saw the Grand Priest.

"No Elder, still nothing," Oracle look at her God, "Maybe I did something that has anger Apollo,"

The Grand Priest put his hand on her shoulder, "You? Non-sense, since the day you were born, you brought love and joy to everyone meet, patience child and Lord Apollo will reward you."

The Oracle stood up, "My only wish to use the Power of Prophecy to help those in need,"

The Elder smiled, "And that why you're my favorite Oracle... For now,"

The Oracle gasp and playfully slapped the Priest's shoulder, the priest held his in defense, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, you will always be my favorite."

The Oracle playfully pouted, "Damn straight!"

Suddenly she felt something, a new presence has entered the temple.

"Elder, a God has arrived!" She gasped.

"Who child? Who?"

"I'm not sure but we better greet them!"

The Grand Priest and Oracle raced their way up to the main worship room.

A crowd had already formed around. Making their way through they found who had visited them.

Kratos the God of War.

What was he doing in the Apollo temple of worship?

Kratos scowling face looked around the audience, "Where the Oracle?"