One Progress

"And that what happened." Prometheus finished. Kratos processed the information he was given.

Hestia.

Kratos remember that day after he killed Zeus he saw her, and he let her live.

She stole his vengeance, after everything he been through, all the hardships, all the suffering. She ruined everything.

He decided then and there if he must kill the Gods again, Hestia was one of his top priorities.

"Kratos?"

Kratos didn't say anything he focuses on climbing up the mountainside. The wind became furious, icy gale washed over Kratos and Prometheus.

"Kratos, what happened to you? Where did you go?" Prometheus asked, he held on tight to Kratos as the wind try to knock them off.

Hanging on the mountainside Kratos told Prometheus all he knew. His cycle of death and rebirth.

"I can't believe it. How many lives have lived?" Prometheus asked. The titan looks around cautiously for any oncoming attacks.

"Eight I'm aware of, but every day it seems as new memory appears to remind me of a different existence I have lived." Kratos continues to climb the ever frozen cliff.

"Hang on."

Kratos threw them on the next cliff and climbed.

"What was that stole the Torch?" Kratos climb the edge and Prometheus hop off him. He was still looking around for any oncoming attacks.

"The eagles, the ones that tortured me for so long. When I was reborn I try to reclaim my Torch, but Zeus was still holding a grudge against and command his eagles to hunt me down and steal the torch." Prometheus leg finally healed.

"I been playing a long game of tag with those birds, I get the Torch, they steal it, I take it back."

Kratos raised his hand then pointed to a small cave. A large shadow flew over them and they took cover.

"Dammit, I hate birds!" Prometheus carefully looks out the cave. "I can sense it, it's far but not too far."

Kratos pulled out the Stallion and slowly emerged, the shadow flew over him. Out of the clouds above, an eagle the size of a small plane flew out with it talon ready.

CAW!

Twenty in Kratos fired two shots and got it right its chest and left-wing. The eagle crashed and slid through the snow.

It was still alive, violently thrashing to fly again. Kratos walk up to it and shot it through the eyes.

Prometheus peered out the cave, "Is it dead?"

Kratos looked over the eagle, "Do they attack you after they steal your Torch?"

Prometheus came out of the cave and look at the dead eagle. "No, once they got it they always fly away."

Prometheus pulls out a stick and began poking the body.

Kratos knew what this meant. "We are near the nest, how big are the flocks?"

"Convocation." Prometheus, "A flock of eagles is a convocation." The titan felt Kratos stare go through him.

"Sorry, but I study the behavior of birds to track them." Prometheus said, "But to answer your question, a least three at most twelve."

Kratos notice the light was growing dim. "Not much time till nightfall, are the eagles active at night?"

"Thankfully not, but their eyesight is as  keen in the dark as it is in the day." Prometheus turn west, "This way."